World Of Tanks, World Of Warships, War Thunder.... Etc.

Kerbinchaser

What tier have you made it to so far?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. World Of Warships

2. 2. World Of Tanks

3. 3. War Thunder

I absolutely love War Thunder. I hate ground battles as it's basically 'move your cursor over the target, find the green area, shoot, and you win'. RB is too serious, and on Xbox it's basically suicide to do Simulator battles

On 11/19/2018 at 10:38 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I absolutely love War Thunder. I hate ground battles as it's basically 'move your cursor over the target, find the green area, shoot, and you win'. RB is too serious, and on Xbox it's basically suicide to do Simulator battles

So you play air ABs? 

I play air ABs and Ground RBs. 

13 hours ago, HobbitJack said:

Take a look at this game I just played

Reveal hidden contents

dR644yz.png

Note: We lost this match

Twenty. 

Three????

Holy...

P-40E All the way! 

On a similar note, here are my lineups for both aviation and ground in my two most played nations: 

ggchB1V.png

aSA9EO2.png

rdYcry8.png

I love TDs. :3

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/6/2019 at 11:53 PM, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Im a War Thunder/ WOWS player- and the poll wont let me vote :c

I play Ground RB/AB, get 4-5 kills average, more often than not around 8

Air AB is also a thing :D

My name is Sidestrafe2462 as per usual, though in WOWS it's Sidestrafe_The_Sniper

What's you highest/favorite ship in WoWs?
For me my favorite ship is the V-170, here's a post I made about it...
But on Thanksgiving day of 2018, I got a FREE Tirpitz B from a Black Friday container. That ship is amazing with 10.5km secondaries.

My highest TIERED ship is the USS Fletcher, at tier IX.

8 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

What's you highest/favorite ship in WoWs?
For me my favorite ship is the V-170, here's a post I made about it...
But on Thanksgiving day of 2018, I got a FREE Tirpitz B from a Black Friday container. That ship is amazing with 10.5km secondaries.

My highest TIERED ship is the USS Fletcher, at tier IX.

Well, ive been on quite a long hiatus due to the hoorendously unoptomized update system, but i just reinstalled the game. Turns out the only thing I play well is the Langley so far, though I own the tier V of American ships. Just havent had time to play with those yet. 

Also, I cannot comprehend you having a M4A3 105 instead of a M10. What's your thought procces there?!

2 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Well, ive been on quite a long hiatus due to the hoorendously unoptomized update system, but i just reinstalled the game. Turns out the only thing I play well is the Langley so far, though I own the tier V of American ships. Just havent had time to play with those yet. 

Also, I cannot comprehend you having a M4A3 105 instead of a M10. What's your thought procces there?!

I sold that after a few matches, found that it was horrendous.

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

On 1/10/2019 at 5:16 PM, Lo Var Lachland said:

I sold that after a few matches, found that it was horrendous.

Get it back ASAP. Spaded, that thing is a anti everything glass adamantium railgun of death and doom. It's one of my lineup's main vehicles, and it for me has an amazing ability to bounce most shells. 76mm provides a way for the Americans to actually kill KV-1 tanks at range reliably.

11 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Get it back ASAP. Spaded, that thing is a anti everything glass adamantium railgun of death and doom. It's one of my lineup's main vehicles, and it for me has an amazing ability to bounce most shells. 76mm provides a way for the Americans to actually kill KV-1 tanks at range reliably.

No no no, I sold the M4A3. I love the M10, but I'm grinding my way to the M18 currently.

As for the Germans, I am so close to the Panther D. :)

Hey, since I’m in this thread I might as well ask.

What’s better, Steam or Wargaming.net launcher? I’ve had to make a full Windows reinstall, so I have nothing to lose, really, but having yet another mini-Steam sounds like a bad idea.

Edited by DDE

18 minutes ago, DDE said:

What’s better, Steam or native launcher? I’ve had to make a full Windows reinstall, so I have nothing to lose, really, but having yet another mini-Steam sounds like a bad idea.

From my experience the native launcher is just load it then press play. Not super annoying. If you already use steam a lot, I'd use the steam thing but the native launcher works well for me.

(i'm talking about war thunder here, so if its something different I can't comment)

Edited by qzgy

2 minutes ago, qzgy said:

i'm talking about war thunder here

Bummer. Forgot about the Ukrainian Snail. Edit my original comment to refer to “World of...”.

The problem I’m seeing is that running too many launchers is likely to penalize performance (Steam is basically a parallel OS), but WoWS gets frequent bulky updates so you can’t just launch and play at your leisure.

5 hours ago, DDE said:

Bummer. Forgot about the Ukrainian Snail. Edit my original comment to refer to “World of...”.

The problem I’m seeing is that running too many launchers is likely to penalize performance (Steam is basically a parallel OS), but WoWS gets frequent bulky updates so you can’t just launch and play at your leisure.

Since I have a mac, I haven't been able to try the Steam version, but War Thunder on Steam is nice. Achievements all the way :3

On 1/13/2019 at 11:41 AM, Lo Var Lachland said:

No no no, I sold the M4A3. I love the M10, but I'm grinding my way to the M18 currently.

As for the Germans, I am so close to the Panther D. :)

Much better. My brother on the other hand was a huge fan of the M8 Scott so he's trying to make use of the M4A3. The M10 is a staple of his line, he cant seem to do anything without it.  

On 1/13/2019 at 8:09 PM, Lo Var Lachland said:

Since I have a mac, I haven't been able to try the Steam version, but War Thunder on Steam is nice. Achievements all the way :3

So jealous :C Steam wont let me upload my data from WT :c

On 1/13/2019 at 2:08 PM, DDE said:

What’s better, Steam or Wargaming.net launcher? I’ve had to make a full Windows reinstall, so I have nothing to lose, really, but having yet another mini-Steam sounds like a bad idea.

Probably steam. WOWS has a habit of downloading multiple multigigabyte updates one after another when you leave it alone for too long. 

Edited by Sidestrafe2462

15 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Probably steam. WOWS has a habit of downloading multiple multigigabyte updates one after another when you leave it alone for too long. 

True that. And ultimately it’s my primary concern.

There’s a bit of a convoluted process needed to hook up the standard Wargaming account to it, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve found I’m good at brawling in WoWs. Destroyers are the best class for me. The high speed and high maneuverability are great for getting into torp range then fleeing. It’s satisfying nailing a full salvo of torps bringing an almost full hp ship down to Davy Jone’s locker.

I’ve had a two battles going up against battleships where diving head first towards a battleship actually worked.

There was a South Carolina exiting a channel and was getting ready to destroy me, thinking it was the end and trying to shave off some hp, I charged that battleship and from a close distance launched all starboard torps and planned to whip around to fire port torps AND to my surpise, I got him.

In open waters I got caught within 1km of a South Carolina and had dumped all my torps in previous engagements and was waiting on a reload. Before he was sunk, a st.louis had gotten my propulsion leading me to get pretty close to the wreck. 30ft from this South Carolina on the relaid, I kept trying to see if I could get torps on him and I got the reload before he did and sunk him.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:47 AM, munlander1 said:

I’ve had a two battles going up against battleships where diving head first towards a battleship actually worked.

There was a South Carolina exiting a channel and was getting ready to destroy me, thinking it was the end and trying to shave off some hp, I charged that battleship and from a close distance launched all starboard torps and planned to whip around to fire port torps AND to my surpise, I got him.

Got my first seven-kill match before Kraken was even a thing in open beta, and it was a Clemson. That thing has insane burst firepower due to dual cannons and torps on either side, so not only did I wipe the floor with, AFAIK, three destroyers in the opening seconds, I later yolo’ed into two Wyomings - which pay for the extra two turrets over South Carolina by being hilariously long - and annihilated them in seconds as well.

It gets worse once cruisers with torpedoes show up; you can use either ambush tactics or disruptive long-range barrages. The T3 Tenryu is essentially a giant destroyer with centremounted long-range torpedoes.

It gets even worse when sonar (guaranteed detecton, torps included) and radar (guaranteed detection in smoke) become available.

Nevertheless, compared with open beta, I can rarely score hits at 7 km. Looks like people have learned not to steam in a straight line.

Edited by DDE

7 hours ago, DDE said:

cruisers with torpedoes show up

“Engaging a cruiser. No need to worry about torps”

*hears the horrible sound of the torp alarm*

7 hours ago, DDE said:

It gets even worse when sonar (guaranteed detecton, torps included) and radar (guaranteed detection in smoke) become available.

What’s the range on those?

59 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

“Engaging a cruiser. No need to worry about torps”

*hears the horrible sound of the torp alarm*

What’s the range on those?

3-5 km for a sonar, 100 sec long activation.

Radar works for about 20 sec with a range of 9-12 km.

Also note that any aircraft drastically increase the odds of early torp detection. Before the current weird aircraft carrier system, unoccupied fighter squadrons would be moved into torpedo watch positions.

You guys ever have a game where you have no idea how you survived? I just had one of those. Was cornered by a Kaiser and a Courbet. I had already gotten the Kaiser with a few torps and had got some flooding going. I had to saturate him the torpedoes to get the few hits I did. My steering gear is then knocked out and I beach myself. I start shifting in and out of full forward and full reverse while poping smoke. Idk if it was their long reload time or what, but the shells weren’t flying. Kaiser succumbs to the flooding (caused by me). I got my steering gear back and pull out .5-1km from the Courbet. Launch torps off my portside then turn to starboard for another launch. I sunk him and managed to survive with like 5hp.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.