[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Nah, I forgot to keep my units in km (It's always the trivial things...). I'm getting 8.28945 * 10^-3 km^3/s^2 now. Correct... right?

It's going to be fun EVA'n from an orbiting ship and landing on Gilly, and then going back up again and rendezvousing.

I also found the escape velocity from the surface of Gilly, which is a whopping 35.7 m/s

I wrote up part of the wiki page for Gilly:

[spoiler=]

Characteristics

Equatorial Radius: 13km

Mass: 1.242e17 kg

Rough Density: 13.49 g/cm^3

Surface Gravity: 4.905e-2 m/s^2 or 0.005 g

Gravitational Parameter: 8.28945e-3 km^3/s^2

Escape Velocity: 35.711 m/s

Orbital Characteristics

Parent Body: Eve

Edited by Candre

Charr is in fact tidally locked. Half of the planet is molten lava, the other half is barren volcanic wasteland.

"The Lump" aka Gilly, is 26 km in diameter.

cool hmm will it look sumething like this?

Crematorian.jpg

I have recently created the current smallest object in the solar system, a potato-like moon with only 0.005g at the surface.

Here's me performing a sick jump with one of Tosh's rovers:

uvbfL.jpg

icOQk.jpg

xRpyd.png

BYt3Z.jpg

klmqU.png

In total, from hitting the small bump, to landing, it took about 6 minutes.

Well that's totally what I wanted ! something which is incredibly hard to reach or land on :D

It's gonna be awesome!!! Great work!

Hey Nova is the spudmoon name confirmed or is that just what you're calling it? If not, I would like to suggest Chell, as it would make a good Portal/potato refere

Nova called it Gilly a few pages back, so I assume that's what it's going to be called.

These threads fill up really fast these days. Miss a day, and you have 10 new pages to search. Can someone give me a quick description of all of the planets/bodies Nova has announced? Going through the pages is getting difficult, with the other thread being 100 pages long.

These threads fill up really fast these days. Miss a day, and you have 10 new pages to search. Can someone give me a quick description of all of the planets/bodies Nova has announced? Going through the pages is getting difficult, with the other thread being 100 pages long.

If I'm correct,

A planet called Charr, tidally locked, one side is lava, another side volcanic rock,

A planet called Eve, Venus-like with a tiny moon 25 km across,

A Mars-like desert planet with one large moon,

A green gas giant with 4 moons, one being mostly ocean.

At what distance does the sun turn from the light source look seen in that rover-jumping picture to the gorgeous detail it now has close up? Would be awesome to have a planet with that looming over it.

Also was that a picture of the prison planet from Chronicles of Riddick someone posted? That's exactly what I thought of when I heard about Charr, I like the way you think!

Guest Thobewill
Hey Nova, How Many Times Have You Landed On Each Of The New Planets/Moons?

Well.jpg

Could please you not capitalize every word? It's kind of annoying.

Since Nova said he had something in plan for a memorial to the Space Kraken, I was wondering if he had already thought of the fact that under 'L'Arc de Triomphe', there is the Tomb of the Unknown soldier, so it would be a nice link to have the Tomb of the Space Kraken under the 'Mun Arch'. ;)

Any thoughts?