Station changes type to base

I have a space station with 575+ parts.  Every time I dock to it and undock, the station changes to a base.  Presumably because some of the connected items are from the K&K planetary base pack.   Sometimes when I dock, the station even changes names.  what!?

When you dock two crafts together, the game considers them one craft.  One craft = one name.  When you separate, it's gotta pick one of them, and it'll guess as to what type of craft it is based on what control pieces it has. (plane, station, rover).  For example,  if you have a station that uses an MK1-2 command pod and nothing else from that tab, it might consider it a ship when you undock even if you've specified it as a station before.

AFAIK there's no way around it.  Hopefully there is a persistent name mod, and someone will link to it.

I figured that was the problem.  I am hoping there is a solution.  Really makes me mad that my station (huge) gets turned into a base.  I guess like a "specify root part" while not in VAB or SPH.

Edited by Morgan927
doesn't like certain words

8 minutes ago, Morgan927 said:

I guess like a "specify root part" while not in VAB or SPH.

Not sure if that would help with the autonaming, but I would love a mod that did that.  Mainly for Konstruction!, because you can't compress root parts.  Once in awhile when you dock, one of the docking ports become root and that kinda throws a wrench in orbit konstruction plans.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.