BDArmory Continued Crashes my KSP

Hello everyone, this is my first forum post, so I'm really sorry of I make any mistakes. I have tried to use BDArmory Continued many times, but It always crashes my KSP at the end of loading. I have Infernal Robotics, Mechjeb2, Dang It Continued, Stage Recovery, and Kerbal inventory System already installed, and I am running a 64 bit program. I have no idea how to attach files, so If anybody has had this problem before, please give me instructions. I really want to get this to work.;.;

Welcome to our forum, and sorry you're having glitches. 

I'm also sorry that I had to delete your other post, but the log file was so large it was causing page loading problems. Please upload files like that to file-sharing services and use the links they provide in your posts. 

And good luck with your issue. 

3 hours ago, HerobrineLiu said:

Sorry for the inconvenience. I downloaded dropbox, and here is the link to the output log. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uquf5qresz7gge6/output_log.txt?dl=0 

Thank you again for your time! 

KSP.log please ... This file can be found in your root KSP directory (the one with KSP.exe in it) ... Upload like your output log was and post the link here

I did look and it appears that your crash is happening when Dang It loads it's 3rd custom config .... Are you sure you have the right version?

I was playing in ksp 1.3.0, because BDArmory continued only runs in that version. I tried 1.3.1, and nothing happened. (no parts, no extra slot). Dang it said incompatible version, so I hit ok and usually it works without BDArmory. I tried deleting it, and the parts show up, but the BDA weapons manager doesn't recognize any of the weapon parts, so they are basically useless. 

2 hours ago, HerobrineLiu said:

I was playing in ksp 1.3.0, because BDArmory continued only runs in that version. I tried 1.3.1, and nothing happened. (no parts, no extra slot). Dang it said incompatible version, so I hit ok and usually it works without BDArmory. I tried deleting it, and the parts show up, but the BDA weapons manager doesn't recognize any of the weapon parts, so they are basically useless. 

Did you put a weapon manager part on the craft?

Please consult the in game BDPedia (KSPedia) for detailed insructions on how to use BDAc

Also BDAc runs in KSP v1.3.1 ... KSP.log please

Edited by DoctorDavinci

I tried it in 1.3.1, and none of the parts show up. The crash problem seems to be fixed for now. I did put the BDA Weapon Manager on my craft. the only buttons that exist on my Weapon manager page are Weapons, Guard Menu, Weapons, Trigger, and Team. I clicked all of the buttons, and nothing shows up. I can't seem to find my ksp.log (I've searched it up in the folder and it doesn't show up). I just tried to load it up, and my module manager says 1049 patches applied. Is this bad? 

WmGuiwindow

Edited by HerobrineLiu
I messed up on the menu part.

Here is an image of my craft and the parts I've put on it. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpqqob7svd3lkr3/20180115192959_1.jpg?dl=0 

I also came up with an idea for finding the output log. I have no idea where it is, but you must be smarter than me, so I've copied my entire ksp folder onto this link. Please be warned that there will probably be a million problems with my ksp, because I'm a noob.:wink:

Here is the link for my KSP folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j8m510gnrudc3w8/AACXNXZgqHj4taxd9D8N2UK-a?dl=0 

3 hours ago, HerobrineLiu said:

Here is an image of my craft and the parts I've put on it. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpqqob7svd3lkr3/20180115192959_1.jpg?dl=0 

I also came up with an idea for finding the output log. I have no idea where it is, but you must be smarter than me, so I've copied my entire ksp folder onto this link. Please be warned that there will probably be a million problems with my ksp, because I'm a noob.:wink:

Here is the link for my KSP folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j8m510gnrudc3w8/AACXNXZgqHj4taxd9D8N2UK-a?dl=0 

Your issue is that you have installed the mod incorrectly ...

[LOG 19:37:31.035] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\SteamData\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\BDArmory.1.1.0.23471_12292017\GameData\BDArmory\Plugins\BDArmory.Core.dll

You have embedded a GameData inside of another GameData ... Please consult the OP of the BDAc thread for detailed installation directions :)

Basically take the contents of the GameData directory found inside if the zip file and copy it to your KSP's GameData

Wait What? I don't really understand. Put Gamedata in Gamedata? or put BDArmory in Gamedata? Put BDArmory in Squad? Put BDAmory in KSP? I'm SO confused.

Edit: Never mind I figured it out, thank you so much! Based on my luck though, there will still be a million different problems that result from this action.:P

Edit #2: No issues at all! Thank you so much for your help!

Edited by HerobrineLiu

On January 14, 2018 at 4:08 PM, HerobrineLiu said:

Hello everyone, this is my first forum post, so I'm really sorry of I make any mistakes. I have tried to use BDArmory Continued many times, but It always crashes my KSP at the end of loading. I have Infernal Robotics, Mechjeb2, Dang It Continued, Stage Recovery, and Kerbal inventory System already installed, and I am running a 64 bit program. I have no idea how to attach files, so If anybody has had this problem before, please give me instructions. I really want to get this to work.;.;

I am not an advanced ksp user I just like to mess around and do not know much about manually tinkering and moving files around.  I just wanted to say have you tried just  down loading and using Ckan ?  it currently installs most of the mods available from a constantly updated live list for you in the correct way automatically to the correct directory with one click of the mouse?  

Also if you do try Ckan let me know how you get on with bd armory on the 1.3.1 for me all my mods are working and the great part is that if you add a new mod that totally [snipped] things up the program even red flags the problem mod and recommends you remove it to get the game working again.

I have recently experienced one strange issue that is for some reason no parts on any craft stock or otherwise can be destroyed by weapons how ever it was fine yesterday and I think I may have done something pretty weird it should not effect you.  

how ever if you get the same thing happen it would be good to know. 

also as far as i know Bd armoury prefers you to manually install if you want them to help you with questions regarding getting their mod to work but personally so far I prefer to ALWAYS stick with Ckan its just SO muchmore fun to actually PLAY the game and not spend 100,s of hours trying to play lol 

@David24 - it literally takes about 30 seconds to install BDAc if you follow the instructions on the tin

Please note that ckan has problems with keeping track of mod versions which can cause mods to not work as advertised if the version of the mod is out of whack with the KSP version you are using

Also understand that most mod installation problems are caused by improper installation of said mod which is easily fixed if you follow the installation instructions 

23 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@David24 - it literally takes about 30 seconds to install BDAc if you follow the instructions on the tin

Please note that ckan has problems with keeping track of mod versions which can cause mods to not work as advertised if the version of the mod is out of whack with the KSP version you are using

Also understand that most mod installation problems are caused by improper installation of said mod which is easily fixed if you follow the installation instructions 

True but if you are just going to play with a few mods its fine much less hassle for a great many people.  I think its like playing with fire dropping a new mod into the game manually ,seeing dozens of un memorable   files mix and merge with the ones that you already added.  You know you are just gonna add that last one maybe firesplitter  or uci konstruction. And nect thing you know you are deleting the game on steam deleting all files reinstalling and starting all over again.  I know about back ups but come on when does that ever work 

3 hours ago, David24 said:

I think its like playing with fire dropping a new mod into the game manually ,seeing dozens of un memorable   files mix and merge with the ones that you already added.

If you read the installation instruction for the mods you are installing you wouldn't have that problem ... contrary to popular belief, reading instructions are normally the best way to find out what a mod does and how to install it :wink:

One of the biggest pains in the proverbial rear is users of mods not even reading the instruction manual ... This is also a problem that that ckan creates - by not having read any instructions or what the mod does users can just click on a mod and download it, often with no idea what it does which leads them to the respective thread for said mod complaining that the mod doesn't work or their game is borked where as in most cases if they read the instructions there would be no issue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.