Unable to select part action menu

Xbox one EE

cursor controls

career mode, hard difficulty, part upgrade purchase disabled as it doesn't work

Bug: A craft is built and on the launch pad, move the cursor over a science module and its highlighted in green (e.g. thermometer), pressing "B" to open the action menu has one of three outcomes, seemingly at random:

1. correctly open the action menu

2. open the action menu of the command pod or other part the selected part is attached to even though its not highlighted

3. do nothing

Expected behaviour: open the action menu of the highlighted part, only, every time

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 4:49 PM, Leopard said:

Expected behaviour: open the action menu of the highlighted part, only, every time

I'm on PS4, Enhanced edition.

I'm finding a similar problem, running science instruments or getting EVA reports are sometimes very difficult because the "crew hatch" menu keeps opening, even when a different part near the hatch was highlighted.

17 hours ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

I'm on PS4, Enhanced edition.

I'm finding a similar problem, running science instruments or getting EVA reports are sometimes very difficult because the "crew hatch" menu keeps opening, even when a different part near the hatch was highlighted.

looks like the "hit box" detection routine is mucked up

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 6:23 AM, Arch3rAc3 said:

This has been posted about 2 years ago and the Devs have yet not fixed it. Lovely!

I've completely given up on KSP on console ever actually being fixed, the attitude to basic usability testing is shocking when stuff like this occurs on your first flight - tends to suggest a lot of code testing has occurred without actually trying to play the game.

pity, I wanted to fall in love with this game, but as it is, its just not worth investing the time in

likely going KSP2 but on a PC this time

They probably don't even play the bloody game.

With 30 seconds of gameplay you can already be annoyed by the crew hatch interaction menu that keeps popping up everywhere while you're trying to interact with a part.

This has been present since the game initially launched (before enhanced edition) and is likely the most annoying non-game-breaking bug there is. Somehow, nobody bothered to fix it. It's just ridiculous.

But hey, at least we got 2 overpriced bugged DLCs to buy plus different colours for Fuel Tanks and some engines. What a joke.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.