Psychological Profile Of Starfleet Officers And Crewmen? ;-)

Pawelk198604

If Star Trek was real who would opted to serve on steerfleet if United Federation of Planets distribute all necessary things to good life if: We've eliminated hunger, want, the need for possessions  :D 

I guess most of Starfleet would be 50 % Aspies 50 % ADHD folks  :wink:

9 minutes ago, Pawelk198604 said:

If Star Trek was real who would opted to serve on steerfleet if United Federation of Planets distribute all necessary things to good life if: We've eliminated hunger, want, the need for possessions  :D 

I guess most of Starfleet would be 50 % Aspies 50 % ADHD folks  :wink:

Captain Kick would be spending alot of time in the HR office learning what title 7 meant.:cool: Dr McCoy 'green blooded vulcan' would definitely inspire an interoffice memo on interracial sensitivity. Lets see, what else. Deanna Troi definitely she has a ton of HIPAA violations. (violation of patient privacy). That Yeoman definitely has her hands all over the captain, again another title 7 reorientation meeting. Zipping in and out of occupied systems without as much as an invitation, that would be trespassing. Yelling at junior officers on a civilian situation (often uncalled for) definitely HR material. Ta'Pal seducing commander Tucker and the ships D'nobulin doctor, as a higher ranging officer . . .sexual harassment. Bringing 3 Orion women on board wearing little more than bikini's and taking over the ship . . . .that would be a violation of dozens of misconduct rules. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

I watch some of the old reruns and laugh, like that didn't just land such-and-such and early retirement. But then again if you watch old Hollowood movies, much of the 'courting' qualifies today as assault.

12 hours ago, Pawelk198604 said:

I guess most of Starfleet would be 50 % Aspies 50 % ADHD folks

I doubt Starfleet would even have one person with a diagnosed mental disorder.  It might (or might not) have a significant percentage of self diagnosed individuals, but I doubt it.

That is, what most people think of as Aspergers or ADHD are actually people who have diagnosed themselves with the syndrome of the moment.  Having served in the Submarine Service...  Comparing actual crew to said self-diagnosed individuals, the latter come off wanting by a wide margin.

To the time of Star Interplanetary Fleet the ships will be so complicated and precisely balanced, that unlikely a crowd of humans can do there something useful.
So, unlikely their crew will include anybody except board AI. Humans will be just passengers.

15 hours ago, PB666 said:

Captain Kick would be spending alot of time in the HR office learning what title 7 meant.:cool: Dr McCoy 'green blooded vulcan' would definitely inspire an interoffice memo on interracial sensitivity. Lets see, what else. Deanna Troi definitely she has a ton of HIPAA violations. (violation of patient privacy). That Yeoman definitely has her hands all over the captain, again another title 7 reorientation meeting. Zipping in and out of occupied systems without as much as an invitation, that would be trespassing. Yelling at junior officers on a civilian situation (often uncalled for) definitely HR material. Ta'Pal seducing commander Tucker and the ships D'nobulin doctor, as a higher ranging officer . . .sexual harassment. Bringing 3 Orion women on board wearing little more than bikini's and taking over the ship . . . .that would be a violation of dozens of misconduct rules. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

I watch some of the old reruns and laugh, like that didn't just land such-and-such and early retirement. But then again if you watch old Hollowood movies, much of the 'courting' qualifies today as assault.

And what to say about Doctor Phlox who gave Ensign Sato access to Lt. Read confidential files about his Allergies :D   

2 hours ago, DerekL1963 said:

I doubt Starfleet would even have one person with a diagnosed mental disorder.  It might (or might not) have a significant percentage of self diagnosed individuals, but I doubt it.

That is, what most people think of as Aspergers or ADHD are actually people who have diagnosed themselves with the syndrome of the moment.  Having served in the Submarine Service...  Comparing actual crew to said self-diagnosed individuals, the latter come off wanting by a wide margin.

And what to say about Lt. Reginald Barclay from TNG clear case of Asperger, i no wonder why he was my favorite character before even i was diagnosed with Asperger :D   

I also loved Episodes with Q :D 

2 hours ago, Pawelk198604 said:

And what to say about Lt. Reginald Barclay from TNG clear case of Asperger, i no wonder why he was my favorite character before even i was diagnosed with Asperger

I'd say he's one crewmember - noticeably different from the rest of the crew, and who didn't really get along with and wasn't trusted by the rest of the crew.  Or, in other words, pretty much proving my point.

4 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

I'd say he's one crewmember - noticeably different from the rest of the crew, and who didn't really get along with and wasn't trusted by the rest of the crew.  Or, in other words, pretty much proving my point.

So Aspies would be in Starfleet too? That's cool.

21 hours ago, PB666 said:

The thing is, they were pretty progressive for their day. There were not a lot of women officers, but those that were there were treated as officers. Uhura in particular was a bridge officer, which was probably the most prominent professional role for a black woman on US TV ever up until that point. Originally the "emotionless first officer" was going to be played by a woman, and the alien science officer was not going to be the "logical" Spock we now know. But then they wrapped all those traits up into one package and made Spock the alien science officer AND the emotionless first officer.

37 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

The thing is, they were pretty progressive for their day. There were not a lot of women officers, but those that were there were treated as officers. Uhura in particular was a bridge officer, which was probably the most prominent professional role for a black woman on US TV ever up until that point. Originally the "emotionless first officer" was going to be played by a woman, and the alien science officer was not going to be the "logical" Spock we now know. But then they wrapped all those traits up into one package and made Spock the alien science officer AND the emotionless first officer.

Frankly, Samantha Carter on SG1 was a better role model for women.  I am not old enough and not from the deep south as to have made the distinction of black/white. {When I used to stay over in Louisiana Soul train was one of my favorite program}. I guess there is a psych profile on that sort of behavior.

7 hours ago, Pawelk198604 said:

And what to say about Doctor Phlox who gave Ensign Sato access to Lt. Read confidential files about his Allergies :D  

Oh, I'm sure these are just things on the short list. By and large if I were a captain the first thing I would do is send out a probe to get a look-see before I did anything. So the extrovert . . .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revised_NEO_Personality_Inventory#Personality_dimensions

3 hours ago, PB666 said:

Frankly, Samantha Carter on SG1 was a better role model for women.

Do you not understand that Star Trek was 30 years earlier? That's like saying the B-17 was a terrible bomber because the B-52 was faster, had more range, and could carry more payload.

Edited by mikegarrison

15 hours ago, Pawelk198604 said:

And what to say about Lt. Reginald Barclay from TNG clear case of Asperger, i no wonder why he was my favorite character before even i was diagnosed with Asperger :D   

I think he was just socially awkward and had some social anxiety. I didn't see anything that would make me think he's on the autism spectrum.

6 minutes ago, KerikBalm said:

I think he was just socially awkward and had some social anxiety. I didn't see anything that would make me think he's on the autism spectrum.

I think different he's not NT for sure :D 

Barclay is space version of Shaun Murphy MD :D 

freddie-highmore-jacket-850x1300.jpg

On 2/19/2018 at 8:59 PM, PB666 said:

I'd be shocked silly if Hollywood still wasn't producing romantic comedies largely based on stalking and other court actionable activities (I haven't been watching many movies lately).

17 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

Do you not understand that Star Trek was 30 years earlier? That's like saying the B-17 was a terrible bomber because the B-52 was faster, had more range, and could carry more payload.

Sure, last nights episode had Kick being prosecuted by a girlfriend wearing a miniskirt. Prior to the trial she gave most of her case away to the defendent. Talk about a conflict of interest, even in 1966, that would have been a mistrial. After the trial was over she stood in front of the crew, said she was glad she lost and kissed him. Not a good role model for women.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.