Has KSP stopped working

First thing to try is putting a new, clean KSP (no mods) in a new folder, and launch that to verify there isn't an underlying OS issue keeping the program from running.  Then add back your mods one by one until you find the one that keeps the game from finishing the loading process.  If (as might be the case if there's just a corrupted file) the game runs okay once you have all the mods back in, transfer the "Saves" folder to the new install (and optionally delete the old install).

9 minutes ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

First thing to try is putting a new, clean KSP (no mods) in a new folder, and launch that to verify there isn't an underlying OS issue keeping the program from running.  Then add back your mods one by one until you find the one that keeps the game from finishing the loading process.  If (as might be the case if there's just a corrupted file) the game runs okay once you have all the mods back in, transfer the "Saves" folder to the new install (and optionally delete the old install).

How to I get a stock version of KSP without paying again.

1 minute ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Several methods. If you installed via Steam, you could just uninstall local files and reinstall. Otherwise, if you just move everything that isn't the Squad folder out of GameData (and probably the save files too), that should work.

Did you buy from the store or steam? If the store, you probably still have the original zip in your downloads folder; simply re-unzip to a new folder. The store will also allow you to simply down.oad it again without paying again, just go into your store account. If Steam (I don't use STeam for KSP, so I'm not sure exactly) you should be able to do a file integrity check or some such. Or just move the KSP folder out of your Steam folder, then re-install it from Steam.

Edited by StrandedonEarth

1 minute ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Depends on how you bought it. Squad store: Login, navigate to account, download. Steam: Who cares, steam is the devil.
You still haven't posted any of the information detailed in the "How to get support" thread... You do want help, right?

Just now, steve_v said:

Depends on how you bought it. Squad store: Login, navigate to account, download. Steam: Who cares, steam is the devil.
You still haven't posted any of the information detailed in the "How to get support" thread... You do want help, right?

It appears that it wiped my data. Yesterday it says Implayed 72 hours. Today it says Ive played 6 minutes and Imbought it though steam.

Just now, Cheif Operations Director said:

Yesterday it says Implayed 72 hours. Today it says Ive played 6 minutes and Imbought it though steam.

Uhhh... What has this got to do with anything?
Start KSP, wait for it to crash / freeze, upload the logfile, post a link. Post a list of your mods, with versions. Make sure they are all compatible with the KSP version you are running.

Starman4308's post sounds like the right direction for a clean reinstall from steam.

1 minute ago, steve_v said:

Uhhh... What has this got to do with anything?
Start KSP, wait for it to crash / freeze, upload the logfile, post a link. Post a list of your mods, with versions. Make sure they are all compatible with the KSP version you are running.

Starman4308's post sounds like the right direction for a clean reinstall from steam.

Ohh the logfile! 

It's so weird I managed to delete practically all my mods (except for a few which I know are fine) Now when I use the search bar in the VAB a bunch of random pixels light up and the open tab save file and new tabs in the top right turn on and off like lights in an interval and then when I hit launch it crashes. 

Is it POSSIBLE I accidentally deleted part of the stock game.

4 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

It's so weird I managed to delete practically all my mods (except for a few which I know are fine) Now when I use the search bar in the VAB a bunch of random pixels light up and the open tab save file and new tabs in the top right turn on and off like lights in an interval and then when I hit launch it crashes. 

Is it POSSIBLE I accidentally deleted part of the stock game.

You installed via Steam? Validate local game files or uninstall/reinstall.

Also, don't load any saves made in modded games.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.