landing gear causes bounces

since the latest update, the landing gear on my jet's are bouncing my craft up and down. it's so bad i can't even take off. if you try to, the bouncing gets so bad, that the landing gear fails and the craft crashes. using SAS only seems to make the issue worse as the SAS is unable to compensate for the bouncing.

maybe it is the same problem :

during the "duna scenario", the available rover bounce and revert upside down on its head when the mission starts : it is difficult to recover to orbit while you are upside down.

Edited by Chumpes

I'm not sure if I'm having a related problem, but I've been having problems with 1.4.1 update on my mod-free install.  When 1.4.0 was released,  I built a big, but simple 3 stage stack (new build, not a previously saved vessel) with a lander that had a service bay in use as a small rover garage.  The idea was to land, and then deploy the rover by driving it off the service bay onto the surface. 

Ever since 1.4.1, however, I'm having problems.  After launching and landing the lander, the medium size landing legs on the lander no longer have any spring/damping.  They are locked stiff-legged and don't absorb any impact or settle under weight.  The small rover wheels are also locked stiff, which causes bouncing/flipping when driving over anything not perfectly flat.  I tried launching it to the mun, and the locked-up suspension happens just like it does on Kerbin.   

What's interesting is that if I separate just the lander section (without the rest of the stack), and spawn it on the launch pad it by itself, then the suspension on the lander, and rover work perfectly fine.  All of the default rovers and airplane have working suspension from what I've noticed.  The problem only comes up on my lander and rover combo, after it has been launched on the complete stack.  I tried rebuilding the 1st and 2nd stages, and the rover in 1.4.1 with no joy.  Have not tried a clean sheet rebuild yet, because the upper stage was pretty fiddly.  But that will be next I suppose. 

Excuse my ignorance, but does this count as a bug report? Or is there another place to do that?   Sorry, don't follow along on the forums very frequently. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.