Sign in to follow this  
Thobolt

[BUG] impossible to make paragraphs

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

when I write (or rather paste from notepad) text to message node, it shows the paragraph "/n" there, but not when I test it i.e. in game. Stock missions do not have paragraphs either.

I found a work-around for that: Message window doesn't wrap line of spaces. It means 20+ spaces = one line brake. It also means that one can not make empty lines but that's a small problem. 

Edited by Thobolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get line breaks in dialogs with the html line break <br>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tomf said:

You can get line breaks in dialogs with the html line break <br>

Several of the textarea widgets seem to eat the tags, render them immediately, but not save them.

For example, if I type this into a message dialog:

I have some <i>italicized</i> text here.

Then I see this *as I type* in the editor text box:
 

Quote

 

I have some italicized text here.


 

(It immediately interprets my tags on the fly as I type them and renders them *right then*, rather than later when running the mission.)

Later when running the mission, the italics are gone, as are the tags I typed.  They get forgotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/03/2018 at 1:29 AM, Thobolt said:

when I write (or rather paste from notepad) text to message node, it shows the paragraph "/n" there, but not when I test it i.e. in game. Stock missions do not have paragraphs either.

I found a work-around for that: Message window doesn't wrap line of spaces. It means 20+ spaces = one line brake. It also means that one can not make empty lines but that's a small problem. 

Yes it seems I am having the same issue typing directly into the windows.

 

My workaround has been to cut down on the dialogue.

 

Gus Kerman just barks orders now.

Don’t get me wrong I’m enjoying the Mission Builder. It’s  great like ‘Box island’ in Kerbal. Box Island my greatest coding ish achievement. Till now!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 23.3.2018 at 1:51 PM, tomf said:

You can get line breaks in dialogs with the html line break <br>

Yep, <br> really seems to work. Many thanks @tomf!

On 24.3.2018 at 1:21 AM, Steven Mading said:

Later when running the mission, the italics are gone, as are the tags I typed.  They get forgotten.

And it looked like italics worked as well - are you sure you saved before running test?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"/n" isn't correct. It's "\n". There is one bug that bugs me though. Typing this in the editor will make the characters "\n" disappear and be replaced with the new line, but editing text after that point (like back space or delete) causes things to happen in the wrong place and you end up inserting text wrong or deleting the wrong characters. You almost have to just do the whole thing in notepad where you can see the "\n" the whole time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this