Sign in to follow this  
Geonovast

Quick guide to posting pictures on the forum.

Gonna make this short and sweet.  I see the question a lot, and explained a lot, but never a tutorial linked.

How to quickly post an image on the forums, using Imgur and CubeUpload.  (I know there are more, but Imgur is the most popular, and CubeUpload is what I use).  Any other service should be pretty similar.

Neither of these services requires an account, but it's definitely helpful if you ever need to access the links again.

Step 1: Upload your image(s).

Imgur

There's a green "New Post" button the top.  Click it, and the upload dialogue will appear.

ImgMain.png

Click on "Browse", and select your picture.

ImgPick.png

Click "Open", and it will bring you here:

ImgCopy.png

Hover over the image, and click on "Copy".  This will copy the image's direct link to your clipboard.  The other copy button will give you the link to the image on Imgur.  This is not what you want.

CubeUpload

Click on "Select Images".

CubeMain.png

Pick your image:

CubePick.png

Click on "Open".  This will then take you to the preview page.  You can select multiple images before clicking on open if you need to upload more than one.  Click on the "Start Upload" button.

CubeUpload.png

It will upload your images one by one, and then display your options. 

CubeLoaded.png

Click on the top line below the image, right click, and select "Copy".  This will copy the image's direct link to your clipboard.

CubeCopy.png

Step 2: Paste your image(s).

Go to your post, and simply paste in what you've copied.

PostPaste.png

The link will display briefly, then the image will appear.

PostDisplay.png

If you double click on your image, you can edit its properties.  Really handy for downsizing a bunch of images consistently.

PostEdit.png

And that's it! 

• Like 1

What if I’m half the time on a school iPad that belongs to a school that is run by incredible weebs that think imgur is evil?:mad:

14 minutes ago, Fraston said:

What if I’m half the time on a school iPad that belongs to a school that is run by incredible weebs that think imgur is evil?:mad:

I posted examples for Imgur and CubeUpload, which is what I use.  There are plenty of image hosting sites, the process will be similar.  You can even use FB if you'd like. - This is my banner photo on FB.

30127091_1601303213320160_55702002650820