1.4.2 Low fps for 30 seconds on launchpad - Career mode

Hi everyone!

So I have a slight issue with slow framerate. I have a couple of mods and I only have the issue in Career mode, not in sandbox mode.

Every time I switch scene, either VAB, space center, tracking station, or launchpad it takes about 10-12 seconds for the scene to load. This is ok, I can live with that. However every single time when I go to launchpad, nomather from where I go before, if it's from VAB or tracking station or simply a "revert flight to launch" it takes about 30 seconds for the FPS to stabilize. It sits around 17 fps and after these 30 seconds it kicks up to 60 something. Every single time it about the same 30 seconds plus minus a second or two.

If I try this in Sandbox mode in takes about 1-2 seconds for the FPS to stabilize at around 60. I don't know whats wrong but I find it very strange that it only occurs in career mode. It seems like it has nothing to do with part count, in career i used like 31 parts and in sandbox I used 110 parts. The link down below takes you to file.fm where I have output log for career and for sandbox, the ksp log and a mod version log. Also I have the screenshots there too that I post in this thread, and also I uploaded a ckan file in the same link as well as my save including shipfiles. I did not upload a save for the sandbox mode, it's a newly started one and I used the standard ships.

The files

ANPSFtE.pngwdPhBR7.pngoHAK1rj.pngbZtKhBY.png

How to reproduce: I guess all you really have to do is to install the mods in the list and go to launchpad. It doesn't mather if you launch a huge vessle or just a probe core. Takes the same time :)

Really appreciate the help guys!

Cheers - Schmelge

ScienceAlert causes those issues, it had those strange fps drops since it was rereleased. Get rid of it and it should be fine - my wild guess out of the blue.

And no, I actually don't think anyone will install all those mods just to find an issue like this, you could try yourself to partially delete mods and see if it persists for starters :wink:

33 minutes ago, Theysen said:

And no, I actually don't think anyone will install all those mods just to find an issue like this, you could try yourself to partially delete mods and see if it persists for starters :wink:

Haha! I never thought anyone would either xD

I just read the "How to ask for help" and saw that one should include - How to recreate :P

Thanks for the tip, gonna try it right away :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.