How to change the pressure value in the config files?

CatCraftYT

You can use MM. the syntax you need is this:

@PART[PartNameHere]
{
    %maxPressure = PressureHere
}

Alternatively you can use @Galileo's option of increasing all parts designed for high pressure to withstand even more:

@PART[*]:HAS[~maxPressure[>2700]]
{
    %maxPressure = 13000
}

2 hours ago, CatCraftYT said:

Does this work with every version of MM?

the part specific one for sure. The second one I'm 99% sure. I don't think basic MM syntax has changed.  It's easy enough to verify. Load it and check the parts stats to see if they changed. 

Edited by Tyko

Is there a tutorial for MM? I have no idea what I'm doing.

EDIT: I've used this method:

@PART[PartNameHere]
{
    %maxPressure = PressureHere
}

But it won't change anything. All of the changes I made to the .cfg file were this:

@PART[SuperFreezer]
{
    %maxPressure = 999999999999
}

Edited by CatCraftYT

sorry...I shouldn't assume knowledge of MM...

1. install MM in your GameData folder. The latest release can be found here: 
  2. open your basic text editor - Notepad works great.
  3. paste the config into a new doc.
  4. Save the doc anywhere in your GameData folder with the extension   -    .cfg 
  5. Personally I created a folder in GameData called "TykoMods" that I keep all of mine in, but you can just leave them loose in the GameData folder if you want.
  6. Relaunch the game.
  7. Profit!!!

I'm not actually sure a max pressure of 999 trillion is necessary and it might be so big that it's confusing the game. 15,000 should be more than enough for anyplace in the KSP solar system that's not instantly deadly - like the sun

Edited by Tyko

Cool! Now I know that there is an explicit way to set maxPressure.

Yes, 15000 kPa (150 atm) tolerance should be reasonable. That's about the same pressure as 1500 m underwater, so the pod should weigh roughly as much as a bathysphere.

Edited by Pand5461

5 hours ago, Tyko said:

that's not instantly deadly - like the sun

Does that mean that you need something with ridiculous pressure resistance to survive or it doesn't matter how much you have because you will always be crushed?

Edited by CatCraftYT

1 hour ago, CatCraftYT said:

Does that mean that you need something with ridiculous pressure resistance to survive or it doesn't matter how much you have because you will always be crushed?

I really have no idea. 13000 is enough to keep parts from getting crushed on Venus or Tellumo - those are the two highest pressure rocky environments I'm aware of.

My .cfg file won't work even if I set the value to 13,000.

Here's the top of my escape pod config:

PART
{
    name = SuperFreezer
    module = Part
    author = ScottPaladin, JPLRepo
    rescaleFactor = 1
    MODEL
    {
        model = REPOSoftTech/DeepFreeze/Assets/model    
        texture = model000, REPOSoftTech/DeepFreeze/Assets/model000
        texture = model001_NRM, REPOSoftTech/DeepFreeze/Assets/model001_NRM
    }
    node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.830905, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
    node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.830905, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

Here's the MM config:

@PART[SuperFreezer]
{
    %maxPressure = 13000
}

Is there anything I did wrong?

does it work if you use the broader reaching config that tackles all parts? try that and then see if it affects other pods too. you can at least narrow down the issue.

{
    %maxPressure = 13000
}

I'd suggest testing on a clean install using only KSP and MM. Verify the config file works on stock parts first before adding other mods.

You're trying to figure out which part isn't working, but you have so many parts that it's hard to tell which is broken. Your MM is really odd. Normally MM spawns several additional files when it's used the first time. Yet yours hasn't created any additional files. Not sure what to make of that.

Try the clean install idea.

Try @maxPressure instead of %maxPressure. The % operator is a somewhat recent addition and, while it technically can be substituted for a simple @, is absolutely not required here.

Edited by Streetwind

57 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

Try @maxPressure instead of %maxPressure. The % operator is a somewhat recent addition and, while it technically can be substituted for a simple @, is absolutely not required here.

That didn't work either.

5 hours ago, Tyko said:

Try the clean install idea.

The version of MM I use works fine with other mods so I'm not willing to do a clean install just for my escape pod.

Edited by CatCraftYT

1 hour ago, CatCraftYT said:

The version of MM I use works fine with other mods so I'm not willing to do a clean install just for my escape pod.

I'm only suggesting you do a clean install as a troubleshooting test. If you do a clean install and it works, then you know it has to do with one of your other mods

By the way...why don't you just go in and change the part pressure value in the actual config for the escape pod? 

Edited by Tyko

32 minutes ago, Tyko said:

By the way...why don't you just go in and change the part pressure value in the actual config for the escape pod?

If you remember from the top of this post there is no value for kPA in the actual config (at least that is what you suggested).

On 4/23/2018 at 9:01 PM, Tyko said:

does it work if you use the broader reaching config that tackles all parts? try that and then see if it affects other pods too. you can at least narrow down the issue.

{
    %maxPressure = 13000
}

This is perfect, assuming anyone's part config has a maxPressure key. I've never seen it so I'm not sure it's even valid. If it is valid then be sure to turn on part pressure limits in Difficulty Settings. This feature is off by default but is toggled by RSS or RO, which gives Venus its surprise crushing power.

On 4/25/2018 at 8:16 AM, CatCraftYT said:

Assuming my suggestion re: Difficulty Settings, I also think a fresh install is not needed.

On 4/25/2018 at 7:22 AM, Streetwind said:

The % modifier prefix is appropriate. It means "edit this if it exists, create it if it doesn't exist," and i'm sure it has been around a long time. Using @ won't work as I'm confident no current mod's part configs contain a maxPressure key for the @ operator to operate on. 

Edited by JadeOfMaar

9 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

This is perfect, assuming anyone's part config has a maxPressure key. I've never seen it so I'm not sure it's even valid. If it is valid then be sure to turn on part pressure limits in Difficulty Settings. This feature is off by default but is toggled by RSS or RO, which gives Venus its surprise crushing power.

Assuming my suggestion re: Difficulty Settings, I also think a fresh install is not needed.

The % modifier prefix is appropriate. It means "edit this if it exists, create it if it doesn't exist," and i'm sure it has been around a long time. Using @ won't work as I'm confident no current mod's part configs contain a maxPressure key for the @ operator to operate on. 

thanks for weighing in! I only suggested testing on a clean install because he wasn't having success with this simple mod and was running a lot of other mods. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.