A plane i saved to the runway craft list has now disappeared

Hi everyone, this is my first post here! I saved an F-18 Hornet i made on SPH about a week ago and this morning i still flew it (and it was on the craft list when you click the KSC Runway) but now it has disappeared from the list. I didn't quicksave at all during the time i had the craft. And minutes ago i tried going back to an old quicksave to see if the craft was on the list and it wasn't. Is there any way i could get the craft back (preferably without any coding etc, i'm not very good on those things) because i really used a lot of time making it (2 hours may not seem much to you but still) and tweaking the little details to get it fly well. And, can i somehow go "forward" in saves, i mean like from the quicksave i'm now on to the "present" time or something? 

Welcome to the forum!

To start: The ships you save in the VAB / SPH are not saved in the save file.  They are saved in the Ships folder inside the save's folder, but they are not saved in the actual save file itself.  That just has all the ships in flight.

If it's disappeared from the load list in the SPH, check the VAB - you never know.  If it's not there either, you can manually check the folders to see if it's in there, somehow.  However I doubt this to be the case.  The game checks these folders every time you go to open a craft, it's not cached.

However, if you do have an older save that has this ship launched, it is possible to extract it from the save.

See here:

Hello again. I checked on Ships folder both the SPH and VAB files, i couldn't find my craft there. I also went to the "saves" file, clicked a file with my username in it, then Ships and i still couldn't find it. There was one named "Auto-Saved craft", though my plane was named "F-18 Hornet" but is there any possibility that this could be what i'm looking for? Now what i did was i took the Auto-Saved ship .craft file and moved it to Ships folder on Kerbal Space Program directory, i'll hope that helps. I will restart KSP now and see if there's a change. Geonovast, thanks very much for your help. *EDIT* Hi, what i did (moving the .craft file to Ships folder didn't help. Anyone have any tips at this point?

Edited by kspguy77
Update

I don't know if moving it into the Ships folder in the KSP directory will load it or not, I've never tried.  That specific folder is for the stock ships included in the game.

The Auto-Saved craft in your Save/Ships folder would be your only hope.  If you don't see it in the SPH to load it, try re-naming it.  That's really all I have.

If that doesn't do it / that wasn't your ship, your only hope is if you have a save file (with a .sfs extension) that has it in flight, and you can extract it from.  If you don't, well, I'm sorry.  But it's gone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.