Launcher Won't Display Anything

When I start KSP 1.4.4 and the launcher loads it doesn't show anything. No version number or news or anything. It also won't let me check for updates or update. Any one seen this before and know how to fix it? I am pretty sure the only mod I have is MechJeb. Tried adding a screen shot, but haven't figured it out yet. 

The Launcher used to work when I originally installed KSP. It stopped working at approx the same time that I Installed the MechJeb mod (from Ckan) - could just be co-incidence.

I went back to my original zip file, unpacked it to a new directory, and ran the launcher from there - with the same result.

I tried run-as-administrator, and that did not help either

Edited by catonthekbd

IIRC, the Launcher has not worked correctly for a very very long time (like .24 ish?).  Most people just create a shortcut to the .exe and run that directly.   The lack of answers is probably because nobody uses the launcher much anymore. 

47 minutes ago, Kerbalwerks said:

Call me what you will but I say fix it or delete when configuring the next patch, kind of sloppy the way it is.

We've been saying that for years.  There must be some reason they include it.  Probably not a good reason, nor one that involves the user, but a reason none the less. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.