My planes seem to wobble on their horizontal axis on ground

Hi! My planes seem to roll a bit from left to right on their horizontal axis when they are parked (description: leeefft...riight..leefft...riight..). It doesn't help if i turn SAS off. Thhe wobble causes that i'm unable to recover the vessel  (to press the green button what reads so) because the craft's wobbling speed is between 0.2 to 0.7 meters per sec and i guess you can't recover the vessel because too much speed. I have BDArmory installed, and nothing more. Ideas anyone?

14 hours ago, kspguy77 said:

Hi! My planes seem to roll a bit from left to right on their horizontal axis when they are parked (description: leeefft...riight..leefft...riight..). It doesn't help if i turn SAS off. Thhe wobble causes that i'm unable to recover the vessel  (to press the green button what reads so) because the craft's wobbling speed is between 0.2 to 0.7 meters per sec and i guess you can't recover the vessel because too much speed. I have BDArmory installed, and nothing more. Ideas anyone?

How do you position the landing gears?

I suggest having 1 at the nose and 2 at the tip of the wings, presunably behind CoM

Craft files will help. Screenshots, anything.

Mine do a lot until I manage to trim the thing.

It's a collection of factors:

1. Wheels friction on tarmac when the bearing wheel rises (I use them in the tail a lot to maximize the clearance under the fuselage)
    1. Try to rise it on the last moment, just before taking of
    2. Sometimes I apply a small pressure over them to keep them on ground for more time
  2. Main gears stressing, what deforms them a little and them the craft looses alignment
    1. Adjust the spring and dumpers; or
    2. Use heavier gears
  3. Inertial Coupling, when your tail rudders are not enough to keep the thing on the right bearing (more an issue when the wheels are still rolling on tarmac, but wheel friction is not the only factor with heavy, big aircrafts)
    1. Use bigger rudders on the tail.

I have an F-18 and the rear gears, the 2 on the back, not too much back though, they still allow me to do the takeoff rotation, (to "rotate" in aviation means to pull back on the control column to lift the nose up (well, i use keyboard but you get the idea. Usually done after the V1 speed, which is the minimum takeoff speed) are tilted outwards in an upside down V-shape. But. The v shape doesn't seem to help much in terms of stability. (i haven't downloaded any mod that would allow me to put more realistic F-18 gears (actually does anyone have any mod to suggest which would have parts that i could build more realistic fighter jets?)). I mainly build planes so.. I have tried KAX but it required tweakscale and other stuff and it didn't work really. Sorry about that off-topic explanation about aviation phraseology.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.