The Exodus

here have this ship

my invention as Cratus III

i hope your computer can handle it

this thing will take you to 7650m/s

JESUS look at that thing!

About to launch 8)

Also at the moment, my GTX470 SuperClock Edition probably wont handle it, because my PSU is living its last minutes.. But, we'll see (:

Although, I think I read somewhere that Kerbal is harder on your processor?

just make sure you have it on full throttle.

and ditch those SRB's once they are out. T is very effective. and near the end it becomes very very very unstable.

personally i wouldn't know. i don't know much about computers except i haven't been able to launch cos my computer crashes every time i load that thing. i have only had one launch from it

just make sure you have it on full throttle.

and ditch those SRB's once they are out. T is very effective. and near the end it becomes very very very unstable.

personally i wouldn't know. i don't know much about computers except i haven't been able to launch cos my computer crashes every time i load that thing. i have only had one launch from it

Just tried, crashes for me to ): I ca load it up in the hanger, but not the launch pad

JESUS look at that thing!

About to launch 8)

Also at the moment, my GTX470 SuperClock Edition probably wont handle it, because my PSU is living its last minutes.. But, we'll see (:

Although, I think I read somewhere that Kerbal is harder on your processor?

yes all the performance limitations are due to the game being single threaded(nothing the dev's can do until the unity3D dev's update the engine to support multithreading. as as you lock the game to 60fps in the settings your gtx 470 should be sitting almost idle with the game maxed out.

nice rocket btw, Op'er..

Btw i stole the Exodus Design :P

but yea i got bored so i decided to check the stats on Cratus III

turns out he weighs 6,113.5 Kilos ( if you convert Kilos To metric Tones Thats 611,350 !!)

and the First stage Produces 7760 N of force (converted to Kilo newtons is 7.76 {i think})

No fins work great!!!! They keep your rocket from exploding. How do you think i can put 6 boosters really close with other boosters firing on them?

Investigation is currently underway.

if this is proven Shiba Mark IV will once again become active :)

Investigation is currently underway.

if this is proven Shiba Mark IV will once again become active :)

All non engine parts if im correct act as heat sinks. I remember reading it somewhere.... Ill get back to you when i find it.

also fins are useless never use fins :P

Swear to God, I need to write a tutorial to explain the many and varied uses of fins to correct all the misinformation floating around. Winglets are versatile, useful items. They just take some knowledge to place correctly.

Please do. I only use them as radiators, and I know in the latest build they can make it much easier for a non-SAS model, but can't say I know how to use them properly.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=1972.msg17905;topicseen#msg17905

That's my most comprehensive writeup thus far. Where you put winglets on your stack depends on what you plan to do with them and how your rocket is balanced: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longitudinal_static_stability has some details as to why. As translated to KSP, what it amounts to is the further back on the stack your winglets are, the more effective they'll be at keeping your rocket oriented to the TVV (and, since liquids appear to burn top-downwards, the shifting CoG and bottom-heavy LFEs are the cause of the flipomatic rockets we've all built; winglets can assist there, as well).

Another trick with winglets, on smaller rockets anyways, is to only use 2-symmetry instead of 3 or higher. Winglets do not materially affect roll rates, so if you're trying to force a wingletted rocket back into a desired heading and you lack the control authority to fight the winglets directly, roll the rocket so the winglets are oriented in the same plane as the turn you want to make, then yaw over instead of trying to force the pitch.

This is also important for in-atmosphere rocketplaning. You know how real airplanes bank when making turns? That's important in KSP, too, and you can't properly fly a rocketplane without actively manipulating all three control axes in concert. CP SAS is very useful here to avoid over-rolling.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.