I want to install the mod space shuttle system

Hi there, i'm trying to install the space shuttle system mod. I uninstalled all my mods and reverted back to 1.1.3 as hellblazer uses on almost all his amazing videos, and tried to install with ckan but it always says incompatible. Also tried 1.2.2 but still no luck. I tried to manually install the mod but it seems more involved than the usual copy and paste of the gamedata files. I attempted to copy and paste the files to the corresponding folders that I found, but there was a folder from the mod that didn't exist in the game. there are also a lot of files just randomly listed with nowhere to put them. can anyone help me install this mod? thanks! 

It sounds like you are making this a lot harder than it needs to be. 

If you want to specifically play with this mod (i'm not familiar with it, but then again, there's a lot of mods out there), then go to the mod's forum thread, figure out what the latest stable version of KSP it supports, install that KSP.   Then down load the mod.    Install the mod folder into [KSP Directory]/Gamedata. It should be a self contained folder that drops nicely into the Gamedata directory, not a bunch of loose files. 

I don't know who this hellblazer is, nor why they insist on using a version of KSP that's 2+ years out of date, but I'd suspect that it's because their videos are that old, and you are following steps that are no longer current. 

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.