Need help for a rocket

Iguas

Heyy !! I need some of your help.

I just built a 700 tons ship, it's beautiful ! it has about 9000 m/s of Delta V, some science equipement, crew cabins etc...

The problem is the rocket to put this thing to orbit... i can't manage to make it, it causes too much lag (it's not a skill problem... okay, maybe it is).

Anyway, here is some pictures (it fits in the 5m fairing)

AND i'm running a 1.4.2 version with Making History DLC

Album a/NnQ4llU will appear when post is submitted

Download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Sentinel.craft

Edited by iguas

It's alright, i found a nice lifter ( Thousand ton Lifter) that worked great, but the lights are nor the problem, there's just too much parts, but when the lifter is gone, FPS are much more managable (30-40). 

After some cargo missions to bring crew, escape modules, monopropellent extensions, etc... it's now around gilly and it works great, with it's 9000 delta V, it can go anywhere now ! 

Thank for your reply :)

Do you lift it fully fueled or empty? I would recommend lifting it in an empty state, which drastically reduces your lifter rocket mass, thus using fewer parts. If it has an ISRU, you can land it on Minmus and refuel. If not, it only has to reach Minmus, where it can be refueled by separate miner. Or by a refueling mission in low Kerbin orbit directly. The vessel itself looks not overly complicated. How much parts does it have?
Apart from graphics setting, I often use the thermal view (F11) during flight, so I am not distracted by airflow visual effects. At least to me, it feels like this also increases my Framerate.
Lowest possible graphic settings, as Vanamonde said. And from the back of my head, there was also an option of how physics gets calculated.

Mephisto

(Mephisto Metalworks and Aeronautics. Almost reliable crafts, almost affordable crafts.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.