Need an Animated Model

Greetings,

I'm looking for someone to make an animated model for me; or perhaps just an animated texture?

I need an axle that acts the same as the fuel line except that it is able to be animated depending on the throttle setting (rotating). The two ends should have an angle and also rotate looking like they go into the parts they are attached to.

7.png

The concept is that I have Torque as a resource. Torque acts like fuel in that it only flows through parts specifically that allow it to or by a fuel-line/axle.

When a propeller or wheel is attached directory to an engine or motor, the axle is not needed; but if you use a single engine/motor to drive several wheels, I need a visual way to present the transference of torque from the engine to the wheels (or wheel blocks). Instead of consuming ElectricCharge, wheels will consume Torque, and that torque can be generated through various means: turbine, engine, motor, etc.

11 hours ago, Nightside said:

Really cool idea! I wish I could help with modeling. 

I'm writing a story. It has new resources, tech tree, contracts, parts, etc. It may end up needing some extra game mechanics too, but not yet.

The story starts out with Kerbals having only a pedal seat, panels, wheels, wing, and propeller unlocked along with a thermometer: think Wright brothers. They use a new resource called Stamina to drive pedals that produce Torque, which in turn drives the wheels or propeller. They can replenish their Stamina by eating Snacks. The next chapter is about developing Steam engines, which leads into LiquidFuel engines, and so on.

22 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

I'm looking for someone to make an animated model for me; or perhaps just an animated texture?

Wish I wasn't so busy with existing projects; would offer to knock this out for you.

If you wanted to do the 'animated texture' routine, you could make something look like it is rotating by offsetting the UV coordinates of the texture.  AFAIK you can do this straight from plugin code (grab the material, use the UV offset methods on it), with no need for an animation.  I do similar in KerbalFoundries to animate the tank-track tread textures -- https://github.com/shadowmage45/KSPWheel/blob/master/VSProject/KSPWheel/PartModules/KSPWheelTracks.cs#L56-L57

You -might- even be able to use the above code based method along with the existing stock 'fuel line' model and a custom texture, at least for initial testing/development purposes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.