Best "realistic" setting to play with mods?

Friends,
I mounted a package with several mods (list down), prioritizing the reality and so I imagine that the game became more difficult. I played KSP without modifications just enough to land on Mun and I've already started to try the mods - so I have no time parameter for "things" to happen. I will play in the HARD where it will not be allowed to redo actions and deaths will be final.

What I want:
A "realistic" enough setting for the game does not get too easy (or arcade). But do not make me do exactly the same thing 100 times. I want to feel a significant but not frustrating progress and learning curve. My main doubt is about the settings of money and science, but any other suggestion is welcome.

Here is the list of mods. I tried to put the most relevant ones at the beginning with a brief description:

Spoiler
  • Crew R&R - Officials must rest between missions.
  • Kerbalism - Support life, radiation, biological needs, etc.
  • Kerbal Construction Time - It costs time (besides money) to build things. Along with Kerbalism, rescue missions will be very difficult exciting.
  • Engineering Tech Tree - Reorganizes the tree of technology mainly accommodating better the mods. I can follow for flight or rocket at the beginning separately.
  • RemoteTech - Modifies the way probes / satellites communicate. Adds more difficulty to unmanned craft.
  • Station Science continued - More ways to get science
  • Surface Experiment Pack - More ways to get science
  • [x] Science! - It allows me to confirm that all the science of the place has already been collected.
  • Rover Science Continued - More ways to get science
  • KRASH - Since I'm on hard, I can not redo actions. But with this mod I can simulate first (without consequences) paying in cash (with certain limitations).
  • KAS
  • KIS
  • ScrapYard
  • ShipManifest
  • StageRecovery
  • TakeCommandContinued
  • Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies Continued
  • SCANsat
  • DeepFreeze Continued
  • Distant Object
  • Astronomer's Visual Pack
  • scatterer
  • planetshine
  • EVE
  • Kerbal Engineer Redux
  • Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes
  • WaypointManager
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock
  • DMagic Orbital Science
  • Firespitter
  • Feline Utility Rovers
  • Kerbal Planetary Base Systems
  • TweakScale
  • Chatterer Extended
  • Chatterer
  • Soundtrack Editor
  • Rover Wheel Sounds
  • Docking Port Sound FX

If you have no quick saves / reverts I wouldn’t recommend using kerbalism, as it by itself was very difficult for me. 

However there is a mod that adds random launch failures, and although it sounds like a bad thing it is quite fun with no reverts as it means you need to add a functional LES to every crewed mission unless you want to face even more extreme risks. I found this to be pretty fun.

16 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I personally don't recommend using no reverts, or "ironman" mode.

The first time you lose a mission, ship, or Kerbal to a bug/glitch you are going to regret it.

I am aware of this possibility. So I will let the reversion activated yes, but I will only use it in case of bugs.

10 minutes ago, Not Sure said:

If you have no quick saves / reverts I wouldn’t recommend using kerbalism, as it by itself was very difficult for me. 

However there is a mod that adds random launch failures, and although it sounds like a bad thing it is quite fun with no reverts as it means you need to add a functional LES to every crewed mission unless you want to face even more extreme risks. I found this to be pretty fun.

I had made another package previously with kerbalism on the hard. I liked the difficulty. I'm the type to play that although it does not know the game, prefers already to start in the most difficult way - even if it takes more time to complete. In addition, without the biological needs (food, water, oxygen), trips that last for years do not seem right. Now a simple orbital mission in Kerbin should be well planned.

Thank you for your response. But I'm more interested in what setting to use when starting the game. Which money modifiers and search should I use.

This seems like a lot of mods... I'd have a pretty good computer before downloading all of these. Also, this might be a bit TOO hard... It might take the fun out of it. And if you want a realistic setting, try playing in the real solar system mode... I've never tried it myself, but it would be much more realistic. (Unless real solar system was in that list - might have missed it. Again, lots of mods!) 

The game is currently designed so that there is a period of grinding at any level of money/science modifiers. The modifiers only change how long you need to spend grinding. There is no setting that is "realistic", because the money/science aspect of the game is not realistic. So you need to set the modifiers according to how patient you are. If you don't mind spending a long time trying to make money, then set the modifier down to about 50%, but I wouldn't go lower than that until you are an expert. If you already know where all the easy science data can be found, then again a 50% modifier might be good. But there are many tricks for finding science. If you don't know any of the tricks, then I'd stick to the beginner level of 100%.

12 hours ago, bewing said:

The game is currently designed so that there is a period of grinding at any level of money/science modifiers. The modifiers only change how long you need to spend grinding. There is no setting that is "realistic", because the money/science aspect of the game is not realistic. So you need to set the modifiers according to how patient you are. If you don't mind spending a long time trying to make money, then set the modifier down to about 50%, but I wouldn't go lower than that until you are an expert. If you already know where all the easy science data can be found, then again a 50% modifier might be good. But there are many tricks for finding science. If you don't know any of the tricks, then I'd stick to the beginner level of 100%.

Thank you.

If you're going for "realism" use RSS and it's suggested mods. 

If you're going for more challenging but still mostly stock use a 2.5x rescaled system with stock parts. The game is still very playable, but it takes more care building rockets and ships.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.