Cant see inside SM-18 in 1.6

So i've placed an SM-18 on my rocket but I cant actually see inside the thing when inside the VAB. The enable cutaway thing just doesnt work (it does if I launch it, but I need to see inside it in the vab so that I can put stuff in it)

Here's a screenie:

D732B325C379E3160687D89144D359542A9F3AE0

Any tips? it would be super useful to have this part for snacks :)

@Festivejelly Try exiting and restart. There is a bug in 1.6 that causes several issues in the VAB with a modded game. You need to make sure mods load from cache. Whenever you change or update mods the cache is rebuilt and it creates problems. So whenever you update or change mods, start the game, exit to desktop and restart to avoid the problem.

7 minutes ago, Festivejelly said:

Ah I see so restarted empties the cache? Is there a way to manually delete the cache? I wonder if its something to do with module manager patching the parts.

Yes it related to module manager. When mods change module manager rebuilds it's cache. When mods are the same as the last run module manager loads from the cache. The rebuild process doesn't seem to play nice with 1.6., so you need run from the cache.

@Festivejelly The following is extracted from the ModuleManager.ConfigCache which is what my game is using for the part and is a more relevant comparison than the default part files which should be identical between your system and mine unless you've done changes directly to it. I also just checked to make sure I'm not having a problem with the part and I'm not. It behaves like it should.

SM-18.txt

You should check your KSP.LOG to make sure MM is loading from cache. If you have a patch error this could prevent that from happening.

For example I have a line in my log that lets me know it's loading like it should:

[LOG 10:50:42.580] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 4873 patches loaded from cache

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.