Full controller support for PC?

Recently i bought a Nintendo switch,and with that a pro controller.What that this have to do with KSP?keep Reading:

When i realized steam has pro controller support i inmidiatly began playing PC games with it.Surprisingly KSP doesnt support this on PC wich is extremly odd...

So im saying why not add controller support for PC?At least on steam.

Yes, if your controller works through Directinput, which is likely the case if you can play other games, KSP will work. You just have to map your controls. Check if it shows as a game controller in Control Panel\Hardware and sound\Devices and Printers. (While you are here, you might want to calibrate it : right click and PropertiesGame controller settings, PropertiesSettings and Calibrate.) Then just launch KSP and set your controls in the settings.

About Linux, Taniwha just released an apparently (didn't test, don't run linux) rather decent input API.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.