Game resolution not persistent

This bug has existed since 1.4, and I am extremely disappointed to see that it has not been patched yet, despite the numerous reports.

I use a 4k monitor (3840 x 2160) and when using scatterer/EVE I would like to turn this down. Now, the report is in this section because whether my install is modded or not the issue remains:

Whenever I change my resolution from 3840 x 2160 to anything lower such as 2560 x 1440 or 1920 x 1080, scene changes will revert this back up to 4k. This usually happens when tabbing out and back in whilst the load screen is present, but has happened in flight too. My Settings.cfg contains the resolution I desire (2560 x 1440) but the game always reverts it back up to 3840 x 2160. Any help would be appreciated as how to stop this from happening, since this doesn't look like it will be fixed any time soon.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

A suggestion: the mod AnyRes makes it easy to change resolution quickly, so while it doesn't fix the problem, it can help to work around it

I suppose that works, but I'm looking for either a complete fix or at the very least posting this so Squad remembers this is a major issue.

26 minutes ago, steve_v said:

It's on the bugtracker though, right?

Dunno. There are many day 1 bugs on the bug tracker that have not been fixed (flickering orbit lines, as an example) so there really isn't much reason to believe this will ever get fixed. At least this will remind them that this is a pretty big issue for anyone wanting to downscale their resolution, and right now Linux's mod seems to be the least annoying way to fix it. Hardly a fix, though.

4 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Dunno. There are many day 1 bugs on the bug tracker that have not been fixed (flickering orbit lines, as an example) so there really isn't much reason to believe this will ever get fixed.

Indeed. It's probably a game engine issue too, if history is any guide they never even get seriously looked at.

4 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

At least this will remind them that this is a pretty big issue

I wouldn't bet on it, seems to me like the forum gets about as much attention re. bugs as the bugtracker. I recon it's slightly less likely to get buried on the tracker though.

Edited by steve_v

6 hours ago, prototype said:

This really needs to be fixed, it's been an issue for half a year and makes the game unplayable.

Is there a way to bump this with the devs?

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/21431

Although you need to make an account and sign in, I'd recommend upvoting the post on the bug tracker. The more it gets the more likely is someone will fix it. 

I love how it says "Low priority" lol, mate some people can't even play the game without this being fixed, especially those on integrated graphics or poor GPUs.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:03 PM, Gameslinx said:

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/21431

Although you need to make an account and sign in, I'd recommend upvoting the post on the bug tracker. The more it gets the more likely is someone will fix it. 

I love how it says "Low priority" lol, mate some people can't even play the game without this being fixed, especially those on integrated graphics or poor GPUs.

Thanks - trying to sign up and lend my voice to the ticket but it's not sending email to verify my account. Boo!

Agree - it's game breaking.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.