Something wrong with my game, low fps or no reason

Hello, ive been trying out ksp on my new pc and decided to download the SVT mod (i know this is the un modded forum just wait) and went to a the mun scenario to test it out. It was running pretty bad so i did a fresh install of ksp just to remove any remaining files. Now i have a fairly decent pc so i was confused why i was getting this performance, but anyway i went to mun scenario again with the game completely un modded and i was getting the exact same fps on just the stock game. It seems like my fps is low no reason even though my old laptop could run this game fine. These are my specs, im running the game stock with the settings  maxed.

Specs: 

CPU: I7-7700 

GPU: RTX 2060 OC

16 GB

2TB HDD

Welcome to the forums, Entomo.

I am curious when you said you did a fresh install of KSP, how did you do that?  From what source do you get your KSP files? My thought is perhaps you’ve left something in there that is pulling from old mod files.

Inside you KSP folder you will have a folder called GameData, look inside that.   What folders do you see? Report back please.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 11:23 PM, klesh said:

Welcome to the forums, Entomo.

I am curious when you said you did a fresh install of KSP, how did you do that?  From what source do you get your KSP files? My thought is perhaps you’ve left something in there that is pulling from old mod files.

Inside you KSP folder you will have a folder called GameData, look inside that.   What folders do you see? Report back please.  

Sorry for the super late reply. But I did some more digging and it appears that I still left a bit of CKAN installed which was running the mod partly or something? Im not too sure but now its fixed! Thanks for your help :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.