Idea: Kerbal Paratrooper Merchandise. Kerbal paratroopers that could be put in real model rockets.

SlamduncAZ

Recently I have been getting into model rocketry and have always been a true KSP fan, and one day had an idea. BTW, this is only a suggestion, which I think would be a good idea.

My suggestion is that KSP starts selling paratrooper (figure with parachute attached) kerbal action figures that can be put in real model rockets. They would fit in the fuselage above the parachute and have their own parachute, or be placed in payload fairings.

They could be sold at either gaming or model rocket stores.

Again, just a suggestion, but I think it would be a good idea. I do not know if something like it already exists, but I think it would be a nice touch.

Let me know what you guys think!

(This is my first thread so I don’t know if this would be the right category or tags.)

Edited by SlamduncAZ

1 minute ago, Gargamel said:

This suggestion thread has been moved to the Kerbal Network.

You thought I was moving it to the suggestion forum didn't you?  Well, this isn't about the game, but merchandising.  :D 

Thank you, I am new on the forum and often get confused. 

3 hours ago, Dman979 said:

It's an interesting idea. Did you know that the first Kerbals were aluminum foil figures that @HarvesteR put into his model rockets?

That is why I think it’s a cool idea. Make the dream come true twice.

31 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Hmmm...

Why not 3D print them? There's a library near me that lets you 3D print things for free. 

I’ve been considering doing that. I don’t have my own 3D printer, I don’t think my library has one, and I don’t think my school will let me use one of theirs for that purpose. I could make a prototype though.

Interesting idea, not sure that SQUAD would pick it up though. They would need to have a brand deal or something with another company, distribution, manufacture, etc, and I don't believe a lot of people would even buy it to be honest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.