KSP 1.7 getting "missing moduleKPBSconverter" error

DrObbie

Yesterday the game ran fine, but today it updated to KSP 1.7 on Steam. I have the latest KPBS update installed, but now in the VAB, on many of my ships, I'm getting an error that parts are unknown because the "moduleKPBSconverter" is missing. Anyone else getting this? I'm not seeing any discussion about this on the mod site.

Edited by DrObbie
Change error from missing part to unknown part.

Use the beta program and select 1.6 for now. Wait until your favorite mods are updated to 1.7 before setting it up to the newest version.

Go to your Library, search for Kerbal Space Program, right click on it, select Properties. Search for the BETAS tab and then, on the "Select the beta you would like to opt into" drob-box, select '1.6.1".

you will be "stuck" on this version until you come back to this option and reselect another version (or select NONE, and then the latest will be used).

1 hour ago, DrObbie said:

Yesterday the game ran fine, but today it updated to KSP 1.7 on Steam. I have the latest KPBS update installed, but now in the VAB, on many of my ships, I'm getting an error that parts are unknown because the "moduleKPBSconverter" is missing. Anyone else getting this? I'm not seeing any discussion about this on the mod site.

yeah pretty much everytime KSP undergoes a version update some mods break and it takes time to get the mods updated to work in the new version. you''ll just have to be patient and wait for the mods to update, or roll back to the previous KSP version and play that way.

Lisias, thanks! I've played Steam games for a long time, but never discovered how to revert to a previous version. I never looked under Beta because logically it makes no sense. Betas are new. Reverting is old. Oh, well. It worked. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.