snap points for structural wings

currently if you wanted to make a larger wing out of a bunch of smaller wings, it would involve some legwork in correctly positioning and rotating the part. however, if snap points were added for connecting wing to wing, there would be some easy and instant alignment available. perhaps this feature could be toggled so people can still place the wings freely.

I also think this would be good for stock, which is why I added as part of SN.  However I wouldn't hold my breath for them adding it.

I think this will do exactly what you want, if you're into mods.

e21screenshot34.png

9 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I also think this would be good for stock, which is why I added as part of SN.  However I wouldn't hold my breath for them adding it.

I think this will do exactly what you want, if you're into mods.

e21screenshot34.png

yeah that is legit pretty damn close. gonna have to check it out because that wing looks slick ngl

Good idea, though I have a question: how to reconcile part size differences? I mean, if there's only an attachment node in the middle, how to attach something half the node's size? Similarly, if there are two nodes for half-sized parts, how to attach a full-sized one?

Also, though someone might very well correct me on this, if there are attachment nodes for both of the above scenarios but only one is used (there would be clipping otherwise), wouldn't the nodes not being used cause drag?

2 minutes ago, Fraktal said:

Also, though someone might very well correct me on this, if there are attachment nodes for both of the above scenarios but only one is used (there would be clipping otherwise), wouldn't the nodes not being used cause drag?

No.  Open nodes do not cause drag.  If they did, the MH structural panels would be a huge middle finger.

Take a look at the mod, and you'll see how easy it is to reconcile the different sizes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.