Kerbal Bugtracker is missing all content after May 31.

Dunbaratu

2 minutes ago, ManeTI said:

Hi, it should be back to normal, thanks for reporting.

I just checked.  It's back to normal.

While you're here - can I ask this question about the bugtracker:

When I submit a bug, and eventually it gets a fix in a release, the bug status changes to "ready to test".

And then stays stuck like that forever.

Was it SQUAD's intention that the person who reported the bug is supposed to test it and report back when that happens?  If so that isn't clear at all.  I thought it meant that someone at SQUAD needs to test it.

@ManeTI - tagging so you notice - the forum merged my follow-up post into the above post so I thought you might not notice it as "new" content.

49 minutes ago, Steven Mading said:

Was it SQUAD's intention that the person who reported the bug is supposed to test it and report back when that happens?  If so that isn't clear at all.  I thought it meant that someone at SQUAD needs to test it.

Yes, the idea is giving the people reporting the bug the chance to try the fix themselves. If a bug is sitting in Ready To Test for a while then we will mark it as Resolved eventually. Internally we keep copies of the bugs and we have already mark those as Resolved but we prefer the reporter to confirm it's fixed for him/her too. 

2 hours ago, nestor said:

Yes, the idea is giving the people reporting the bug the chance to try the fix themselves. If a bug is sitting in Ready To Test for a while then we will mark it as Resolved eventually. Internally we keep copies of the bugs and we have already mark those as Resolved but we prefer the reporter to confirm it's fixed for him/her too. 

Okay I'll remember that for my next bug report whatever that might happen to be.  I honestly never knew that's what it meant.  I wonder how many bug reporting users know that?  It might be a good idea to make it very clear in some kind of instructions.

Although, in the case of my most recent bug report (Bug #22690), it is kind of impossible for me to confirm it is fixed.  My bug was that a contract requiring EVA should never be offered when you can't EVA yet.  Since offered contracts have an RNG aspect to them, it's impossible to prove the difference between "can't happen" and "just hasn't happened *yet*".  From the standpoint of the outside observer who can't see inside the black box of the source code, those cases look identical.  So probably it can only really be confirmed by SQUAD.  All I can report is "hasn't happened *yet*'.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.