1.7.3 - Wobbly robotic parts

I have no idea how to properly replicate or document it, but did anyone else notice that connection nodes of robotic parts seem less rigid in the newest update? Variable sweep wings on my replicas have become extremely wobbly using the smallest rotatron while they worked absolutely fine in the previous updates. I didn't notice any mention of such changes in the patch notes. If other people are experiencing similar issues - is this intended behavior?

In the picture you can see the exact same aircraft between two versions of KSP in a 5-6G turn at roughly the same speed. In 1.7.3 the rotatron supporting the wing is very wobbly regardless of autostrutting. This makes using these parts pretty frustrating as you cannot put struts between two rotating parts to make them more rigid. I really hope this gets fixed very soon.

IzRU7sD.png

On 7/13/2019 at 8:39 AM, EvenFlow said:

I have no idea how to properly replicate or document it, but did anyone else notice that connection nodes of robotic parts seem less rigid in the newest update? Variable sweep wings on my replicas have become extremely wobbly using the smallest rotatron while they worked absolutely fine in the previous updates. I didn't notice any mention of such changes in the patch notes. If other people are experiencing similar issues - is this intended behavior?

If it is your 1.7.2 craft, simply file a bug report on the bug tracker, attach the craft file and the photos above along with your description.

I did the same for an issue with power draining that cropped up in the newest update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.