Docking Bug

Hi,

today, I encountered an old acquaintance: The docking bug.

I'm aware that it was an issue in the early days of KSP, but I didn't encounter it for years and since there's been a docking update in the last patch, I figured I'd blame that.

My slightly overbuilt Duna mothership (left) is connected to a lander (right) by a dual docking port. I'm currently in Duna orbit and I just tried undocking the lander:

899d5a-1562979298.png

However, as you can see, there's no undocking option for any of the ports. There was one a few minutes ago, though, and when I tried undocking one port, it didn't undock and the option vanished. I think the docking port tried to undock but for some reason, be it the dual docking port configuration not working as intended or due to a bug, it did not get released but the game still considers it undocked, if that makes any sense.

In the persistence file, two of the four involved docking ports have the state Acquire (dockee), one is ready, and one is disengage. Do you have any ideas how I can either force the docking ports apart or reset the ports s.t. the game considers them docked again and I can properly undock them?

Version:

KSP 1.7.3

Making History 1.7

Breaking Ground 1.2

Mods:

Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered Flags

BetterTimeWarpContinued

Click Through Blocher

Kerbal Alarm Clock

KAS (I read somewhere that there's an option to force separate parts with KAS - if so, how does that work?)

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Module Manager

ScanSAT

Toolbar Controller

Trajectories (old version, doesn't work)

Docking ports jamming like you describe used to be pretty common.  I haven't had it happen in a quite a while, but maybe I've just been lucky.  There were a few options to fix it - one was editing your save file manually:

Second option: 

Third option, there is a mod called "Undockinator"

• 1 year later...

I also had a problem with KAS, and the truth is something annoying for me.

When I want to use the resource transfer tubes, the option of unless kerbal can grab the tube does not appear; Wow, no menu appears when I right click!.

I had other mods like Deadly Reentry, Pathfinder, and MKS, but I removed them from the GameData to see if this error could be solved, but I don't think I was successful.

PS: those mods, add the menu other functions, and I think that, but it seems strange to me.

• 2 months later...

Duel docking ports tend to do this as they assume that you only want to undock one at a time, but the game cannot decide which one so it puts neither in priority and they're essentially welded together.

Edited by Rambow_Ninja94

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.