Jump To Date? Mod idea

The Aziz

Disclaimer: I can't write mods. But other people can, so... 

Timewarping can be tiring. How many times you've waited several minutes and watched the date go slowly up even at the highest warp rate, because next transfer window was years away and you had nothing to do in the meantime?

Well, maybe it was just me, but I dropped too many career saves because of that - I got tired of waiting.

So I came up with a *hopefully possible* idea.

Since everything goes on rails when in timewarp, I think it would be possible to just skip to certain time - yes, of course, the game would have to calculate the final position of every craft and planet, but I believe it would happen much faster, even if I had to wait a bit before it could skip. With the integration with Kerbal Alarm Clock, such mod would be more useful than I could possibly imagine.

The only question is... Is it even possible?

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Since everything goes on rails when in timewarp, 

Within certain limits. A craft "on rails" can still move between spheres of influence or crash into a planet during time warp. I imagine that's why there's a limit, so those events can still be calculated.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

The only question is... Is it even possible?

With the above caveat, probably. You could experiment with the idea via save editing; I think this is where the timestamp lives:

GAME
{
	FLIGHTSTATE
	{
		UT = 4482.9054817986025

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.