Simple Mod Question

GungaDin

OK So I downloaded a 'craft' from Kerbilx and placed it in the right folder.  (In this case a Long March 3 Rocket.)  The craft appears in-game but none of the parts?  I go back to KerblX and there is a nice lists of the parts I need but how do I locate, download and install them?  A 'craft' file in KSP is just the design right?  But why don't they include all of the related parts in one location?  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

The craft file is just a list of parts.  Craft files do not include any of the 3D meshes or textures.  They're just a reference to load a part that's in the game.

To get the craft to work, you will need to install all the mods listed on KerbalX for that craft.

Think of it as a Lego instruction manual.  It tells you what pieces you need and how to put it together, but you still need the actual bricks to build the model.

Edited by Geonovast

Huh.  It says it's pure stock.  I'll give it a try.

Edit:

Loads fine for me.  The only issue I had was an error about missing part modules for Tweakscale and Mechjeb, but you can ignore those.

Some screenshots could help.

Edited by Geonovast
Replies were merged so separting in edit

Oh I know what might be happening then.  I have rolled back my KSP version to 1.61. to accommodate a solar system mod.  I do own the latest (making history DLC) so maybe that's why so many parts are missing.  I wonder if I can transfer just the parts from that DLC into my 1.61. KSP?  Do you know what folder the parts go into?

This is a flat-out fresh install of 1.6.0 (my 1.6.1 installer is at home and I keep forgetting to enable ssh access to that computer)

931screenshot0.png

The game complained about it being incompatible at first, as well as the missing tweakscale and mechjeb modules.

The incompatible problem can be taken care of by opening up the craft file in a text editor, and changing the second line from

version = 1.7.0

to

version = 1.6.0

KSP will not load a craft that is for a version higher than its own, but it will do lower.

The tweakscale and mechjeb errors you can ignore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.