Howdy ! my first post so hope goes well!

Ok so, seems common issue within tweakscale to corrupt and find "duplicate Instances". No I havent gave logs to modder yet, they seem super busy. 

So, 4 months i spent perfecting 1 ship and no saving it now from what log says is a"Tweakscale issue within my Near Future Construction install"  log lists a duplicate of every single part in the mod and its even a problem inside restock+ . i manually removed every duplicate copy from said folders, nothing. complete reinstall game, fresh copys all mods that worked fine up till the break, nothing.. im so bummed it was perfect.

why did it have to be the construction mod?..its incredible!! But is it broken for everyone? 

Thanks for any advise in advanced 

On 9/6/2019 at 6:14 AM, SpaceN8 said:

Ok so, seems common issue within tweakscale to corrupt and find "duplicate Instances". No I havent gave logs to modder yet, they seem super busy. 

Nope. Something else is corrupting things, and TweakScale is the one complaining about. Don't shot the Messenger. (well, if it's the Microsoft Messenger, then shoot it to oblivion….). :) 

What's happening is that something is installing a full TweakScale module data into a part twice or more. Only one copy is active, but the remaining ones are lingering, causing confusion - some Add'On can think the valid one is the first, some other may choose the last one - not to mention the duplicated UI that doesn't works as expected. Currently, KSP uses the latest, but who knows is this can change in the future?

So TweakScale, when saving a craft, intercepts the saving and mangles the name of every TweakScale Module but the one being effectively used. This prevents any accident due the duplication, but from sometime ago to nowadays, KSP is complaining about unknown modules (it didn't did that at the time I pushed this stunt).

In a way or another, this stunt turns a potential catastrophic situation into an annoyance. You can really ignore that TweakScaleDisable stunt - it aims to make unusable the Module duplicates to prevent causing damage when you share your craft and savegame on KerbalX or something.

To detect if your installment is problematic, load and save twice the craft. On Sane installments, the second load will be clean (as KSP doesn't saves orphaned data, and TweakScaleDisable is orphaned by design). On problematic installments, you will see that turd every load, because the corrupted GameDatabase will inject again the duplicates, that so will be mangled on saving, that so will be ignored on load, but then the GameDatabase will inject again the duplicates… You got it.

To get rid of that annoyance, we need to check your KSP.log and a mangled craft file (and I need a copy of the Module Manager ConfigCache to identify any additional problematic parts). Then I can identify the patch that is double patching the part and we can fix it. It's a bit cumbersome, but not exactly hard.

(yes, I'm a bit busy, thank you very much for caring!) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.