Nullref at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder.IsEntryPointRequest

I'm getting a strange nullref, and haven't yet figured it out.

Background:  I have a new module which inherits from ModuleEngines.  During the OnAwake() call, it checks some parts, and if something is missing,  it then does a Destroy(this).  

Code:

Spoiler

void OnAwake()
{
	if (PartLoader.DoesPartExist(TechName))
	{
		techPart = PartLoader.getPartInfoByName(TechName);
		techPartResearched = PartResearched(techPart);
		if (!techPartResearched)
		{
			// remove the fuel since it isn't being used
			// disabling this section did not affect the error 
			if (this.part != null)
			{
				PartResourceList prl = this.part.Resources;
				if (prl.Contains(ModSegSRBs.SeparatronFuel))
					prl.Remove(ModSegSRBs.SeparatronFuel);
			}
			if (HighLogic.LoadedScene != GameScenes.LOADING)
			{
				Destroy(this);
			}
		}
	}
}

Nullref error:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder.IsEntryPointRequest (.Part part, .Callback`1 requestCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder.IsEntryPoint (.Part part, .Callback`1 deliveryCallback, .Callback`1 requestCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder.BuildEntrySets () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.EngineersReport+<RunTests>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This error occurs when the part in question is added to the vessel.  This affects two things.  First and most important, the right-click PAW on all parts is broken.  Second, the Engineer's Report is also broken.

This has me stumped, any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2019 at 10:38 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm getting a strange nullref, and haven't yet figured it out.

Background:  I have a new module which inherits from ModuleEngines.  During the OnAwake() call, it checks some parts, and if something is missing,  it then does a Destroy(this).  

Code:

Hide contents

void OnAwake()
{
	if (PartLoader.DoesPartExist(TechName))
	{
		techPart = PartLoader.getPartInfoByName(TechName);
		techPartResearched = PartResearched(techPart);
		if (!techPartResearched)
		{
			// remove the fuel since it isn't being used
			// disabling this section did not affect the error 
			if (this.part != null)
			{
				PartResourceList prl = this.part.Resources;
			}
			{
				Destroy(this);
			}
		}
	}
}

Nullref error:

Hide contents

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder.IsEntryPointRequest (.Part part, .Callback`1 requestCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder.IsEntryPoint (.Part part, .Callback`1 deliveryCallback, .Callback`1 requestCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder.BuildEntrySets () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.EngineersReport+<RunTests>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This error occurs when the part in question is added to the vessel.  This affects two things.  First and most important, the right-click PAW on all parts is broken.  Second, the Engineer's Report is also broken.

This has me stumped, any help would be appreciated.

Instead of

You should be using part.RemoveResource()

However, I don't think that's the problem rather it's:

{
				Destroy(this);
			}

you destroy the module. Without telling the part and removing it from the part.Modules list. Hence the NRE.

You should be using part.RemoveModule(PartModule module) as this will remove it correctly from the Modules list and destroy the module for you.

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Instead of

You should be using part.RemoveResource()

However, I don't think that's the problem rather it's:

{
				Destroy(this);
			}

you destroy the module. Without telling the part and removing it from the part.Modules list. Hence the NRE.

You should be using part.RemoveModule(PartModule module) as this will remove it correctly from the Modules list and destroy the module for you.

I had actually worked around the problem, thank you for pointing out a better way.

Re. the resource, I had been setting it to 0, removing it is a better answer, but I'll have to make sure that doesn't cause any other issues.

Thank you

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.