Mission Builder Mod

mobiledriller

I have been playing KSP since before 1.0.  I enjoy all the mods which make my KSP more functional and well rounded.  My hats off the the authors of Remote Tech, TAC LS, DMagic various mods, KAS, KIS, Contract Configurator, to name a few.  I enjoy the challenges and accomplishments I have overcome or completed with KSP.  So when KSP released plans for the first DLL that included more parts, mission builder, etc I really got excited.  How it would be implemented was not really fully detailed.  It was my belief that I would be able to load up KSP, enter mission builder in my my career game and detail a full flight mission, and then build a vessel to complete that mission.  Of course that did not happen.  While I do not regret buying the DLL, its just a parts thing for me now.  The mission building is kind of useless for my play style as I prefer to spend my time in my career game.

I really have enjoyed Contract Configurator.  In general I don't mind the random missions coming up.  But there has been this itch that has bothered me for some time about the way KSP handles missions.  It has been a while since I was serious about writing code having gotten more into just playing the game.  I am seriously considering writing or at least attempting to write a mod for KSP to be able to start creating my own missions in career mode and make them available, then I could accept them on the spot and then executing them.  I may well be the only fool interested in this type of mod.

So the real reason for this post is to find out if anyone else would be interested in using a mod such as this?

9 hours ago, mobiledriller said:

I have been playing KSP since before 1.0.  I enjoy all the mods which make my KSP more functional and well rounded.  My hats off the the authors of Remote Tech, TAC LS, DMagic various mods, KAS, KIS, Contract Configurator, to name a few.  I enjoy the challenges and accomplishments I have overcome or completed with KSP.  So when KSP released plans for the first DLL that included more parts, mission builder, etc I really got excited.  How it would be implemented was not really fully detailed.  It was my belief that I would be able to load up KSP, enter mission builder in my my career game and detail a full flight mission, and then build a vessel to complete that mission.  Of course that did not happen.  While I do not regret buying the DLL, its just a parts thing for me now.  The mission building is kind of useless for my play style as I prefer to spend my time in my career game.

I really have enjoyed Contract Configurator.  In general I don't mind the random missions coming up.  But there has been this itch that has bothered me for some time about the way KSP handles missions.  It has been a while since I was serious about writing code having gotten more into just playing the game.  I am seriously considering writing or at least attempting to write a mod for KSP to be able to start creating my own missions in career mode and make them available, then I could accept them on the spot and then executing them.  I may well be the only fool interested in this type of mod.

So the real reason for this post is to find out if anyone else would be interested in using a mod such as this?

So you want a mod that makes mission builder work with career? Same. You know, if they could implement it properly to the career by making it like a contract, it would be awesome.

But I'm not sure it will be possible. I'm not a coder or a legal guy, but touching the DLC will not make Take Two happy. Have you ever saw a mod that modifies the DLC? I haven't, and think there's a reason behind it.

Though it's a wonderful idea, Squad probably has to implement it, not the modders.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a modder and am not qualified. This is my opinion.

14 minutes ago, Yeet_TheDinosaur said:

But I'm not sure it will be possible. I'm not a coder or a legal guy, but touching the DLC will not make Take Two happy. Have you ever saw a mod that modifies the DLC? I haven't, and think there's a reason behind it.

It's perfectly possible (and legal) to change things in the DLCs with Module Manager. Several mods do just that. What's not legal is actually directly modifying the code or part models. Since, like you, I'm not a modder, and I don't know how moddable SQUAD made Making History, I have no idea whether this would be possible or not.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.