Mouse wheel in reverse?!

Arugela

5 hours ago, JimmyR said:

I fixed it on mine by changing "scale = 1" to "scale = -1" in the settings.cfg under "AXIS_MOUSEWHEEL"

A) Yes, I have the same problem. (Linux, Ubuntu 18.04, Steam version of KSP)

B) Your patch works also for me. At least in the actual game, it does not effect the scrolling of the lists in the settings menu. It does show up as negative "Mouse Wheel Sensitivity" in the settings menu:

8pTziA2.png

P.S. In case it wasn't obvious: don't move that slider in the settings menu (and save the settings), then you'll have to manually change the value again.

For reference, this is a known bug in Unity on Linux:

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/linux-input-dot-mousescrolldelta-returns-reversed-values-in-linux-player

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/23904

Setting scale to -1 or inv to True fixes it where KSP handles the mouse wheel itself. Scrolling in parts and file lists is probably done internally by Unity and ignores the settings.

On 10/16/2019 at 8:16 PM, JimmyR said:

I fixed it on mine by changing "scale = 1" to "scale = -1" in the settings.cfg under "AXIS_MOUSEWHEEL"

Tried this under both Primary and Secondary entries under "AXIS_MOUSEWHEEL", restarted the game, and it didn't work. I also tried changing "inv = False" to "inv = True" , to no avail. Do I need to restart my PC or something?

Strangely the zoom function (in-flight and in-map) works properly; scroll down for zoom out and up for zoom in. What am I missing?

Edit: I returned "inv = False" to "inv = true" and the map & in-flight zoom inverted (down for in, up for out). So that's one issue figured out.

Edited by nicholaicheck
Moar troubleshooting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.