Help with Module Manager

Hello all, I am new to module manager, and I have started a little project where I am trying to develop a part, based on the 0.625 meter reaction wheel. I am on version 1.8.1 and have Module Manager version 4.1.1.

For some reason, my part, no matter what I do, seems to be stuck in limbo between a non-command part and a probecore. When I launch it, the game dosen't give me a warning telling me that I am launching it with a command part, and when I launch it, I can control staging, but the delta v window lists it as 0 m/s, even though I have an engine attached on my test craft. In the map view, the game classifies it as debri, and I cannot control the ship, even though the base part is a reaction wheel.

Here is My CFG file.

+PART[sasModule]
{
       @name = squadSoundingCore
       @TechRequired = start
       @entryCost = 0
       @cost = 300
       @category = Pods
       @title = Sounding Rocket Probe Core
       @description = After many failed attempts to launch a manned spacecraft into the air, which involved strapping kites and rockets to a chair, a breakthrough at the budding company Probodobodyne, created an unmanned probe core which has many advantages over a capsule, including less mass, and less cost, and a minor benifit of elliminating the possibility of killing a kerbal on impact. Warranty void as soon as it crashes into the ground.
       @mass = 0.1
       MODULE
       {
        name = ModuleCommand
        minimumCrew = 0
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.02333334
        }
        hasHibernation = True
        hibernationMultiplier = 0.001
        defaultControlPointDisplayName = #autoLOC_6011003 //Default
        CONTROLPOINT
        {
            name = reverse
            displayName = #autoLOC_6011004 //Reversed
            orientation = 0,0,180
        }
       }
       RESOURCE
       {
               name = ElectricCharge
               amount = 5.0
               maxAmount = 5.0
       }
       MODULE
       {
        name = ModuleDataTransmitter
        antennaType = INTERNAL
        packetInterval = 1.0
        packetSize = 2
        packetResourceCost = 12.0
        requiredResource = ElectricCharge
        antennaPower = 5000
        optimumRange = 2500
        packetFloor = .1
        packetCeiling = 5
       }        
}

But more importantly, whenever I attempt to log an experiment, the game throws a NullReferenceExeption: Object is not an Instance of an object. I looked in the log, and I could only find two things, a warning, and the NullReferenceExeption that happens whenever I log the experiment. In the game, when I click on the option that says "Log Experiment", the option disappears

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ExperimentResultDialogPage..ctor (Part host, ScienceData experimentData, System.Single xmitBase, System.Single xmitBonus, System.Boolean showTransmitWarning, System.String transmitWarningMessage, System.Boolean showResetOption, ScienceLabSearch labSearch, Callback`1[T] onDiscardData, Callback`1[T] onKeepData, Callback`1[T] onTransmitData, Callback`1[T] onSendToLab) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    ModuleScienceExperiment.reviewData () (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    ModuleScienceExperiment+<gatherData>d__60.MoveNext () (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)

and

[WRN 21:42:40.903] HighlightingSystem : Framebuffer depth data is not available and can't be used to occlude highlighting. Highlighting occluders enabled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by DunaManiac

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you figured this out but you need to add this to you config. You need to add this to your config.

%vesselType = Probe

You need to use the % sign, this does edit/add if not in the config. The @ symbol only does edit, so wont add it if the definition doesn't exist. You could just put vesselType = Probe ,but if squad put a definition for vesselType it may break one day.

I tested this and it works for my set up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.