The Official Kerbal Dakar 2020

All finished! I have to do some video editing, but in the meantime here are my official scorecard screenshots. Presenting the Stickbug electric racer!  It's not the fastest on level ground, but it barely slows down for hills and can catch some sick air. There were plenty of crashes too, of course, and the Kerbal Foundries wheels, while nice overall, have a different set of quirks from the stock wheels that took some getting used to. Probably the strangest one is that they will break upon exceeding their max rated speed, even if you happen to reach it while in midair.

Mods used:

• Tweakscale
  • NF Construction (chassis)
  • NF Electrical (batteries)
  • NF Solar (solar panels)
  • Kerbal Foundries (wheels)
  • Making History (minor cosmetic parts)

Times:

Stage 1: 8:08.91 (air time 0:37.76)

Stage 2: 8:42.19 (air time 0:47.36)

Stage 3: 7:50.00 (air time 0:13.66)

Stage 4: 8:40.87 (air time 0:44.14)

Stage 5: 8:01.13 (air time 0:36.24)

Total: 41:23.10 (air time 2:59.16)

Spoiler

sODJgwd.png

c6o4tId.png

lLhbU0d.png

BOiFbLL.png

eb1hQ6t.png

1 hour ago, sturmhauke said:

Here's the video for Stage 1. I'll up load the rest as I finish them.

That was awesome man. It's funny that we've taken much of the same route. Also your vehicle handles the Terrain very well. If I ever get around to running this Race again I would consider building a better Suspension System.

Edited by Castille7

7 hours ago, Castille7 said:

That was awesome man. It's funny that we've taken much of the same route. Also your vehicle handles the Terrain very well. If I ever get around to running this Race again I would consider building a better Suspension System.

Thanks! I found out the hard way that it's not in fact indestructible. The first few attempts, I tried to charge in a straight line right over the top of every mountain. That didn't work out so well.

1 hour ago, sturmhauke said:

Thanks! I found out the hard way that it's not in fact indestructible. The first few attempts, I tried to charge in a straight line right over the top of every mountain. That didn't work out so well.

I know that feeling. I've made numerous restarts before I made it to the finish line with all the wheels attached. Endurance and patients seems to play a huge part in the Race. Still a bunch of fun tho!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.