Fairing hit box are cursed

There are 3 hitbox that a fairing may have, 

1. Hollow hitbox

2. No hitbox

3. Solid hitbox

So what are they? Basically hitboxes a fairing could have in ksp and the most common is the Solid Hitbox. 

I've been doing Fairing domes so that's why I know these 3 fairings, so let's dive in what are these hitbox and why I'm here.

The hollow fairing is the perfect one, a hollow inside that Kerbal can walk inside, and has a solid wall.

The no hitbox is self explanatory, your Kerbal can just phase through without being blocked.

The top two always happens at launch, cheated tests (aka using debug to move the dome to another area for test). So test are always perfect when it comes to EVA inside a fairing. But the third hitbox is the most annoying.

The solid hitbox is where even the inner space is filled with a hitbox, a hatch that can work before would not work, and if they work the kraken will arrive. This commonly happens after reaching the destination after launch from KSC and it is annoying since everything you tested would not work now.AOxzESD_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&qXwyHZq_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&You could see that the first picture the Kerbal is getting warped by the kraken, and on the second pic the Kerbal gets pushed out, indicating a solid hitbox.

It's just pain seeing your work for the interior is just useless after this.

So I want to ask a few questions

1. Why are there these 3 types of hitbox

2. Why do solid hitbox form

3. How can I remove the hitbox ( in the game file)

4. Is solid hitbox another bug.

Any answer for either questions will be accepted, please help.

I don't know why but here is my understanding of when you get each type of collider:

13 hours ago, Sirius K said:

1. Hollow hitbox

Close the fairing on a part.  We have to be careful with quicksave/quickload, because the reload might have loose parts in the fairing collide with the fairing wall.

2. No hitbox

Close the fairing on a part, then decouple that part.

3. Solid hitbox

Close the fairing to a point.

56 minutes ago, OHara said:

Close the fairing on a part.  We have to be careful with quicksave/quickload, because the reload might have loose parts in the fairing collide with the fairing wall.

the fairing is closed to the cupola, which is connected to some parts to the fairing base. 

All three of those fairing hitbox happens to my domes, they don't differ in structure as all of them has a main pillar with something on top for the fairing to close

I have 4 domes on Kerbin that is moving on a rover and it doesn't have a solid hitbox, a double layer fairing space station module that originally tested for kerbals can eva now couldn't after launch. And this case after launch a solid hitbox generates too.

Edited by Sirius K

On 6/1/2020 at 10:15 AM, OHara said:

I don't know why but here is my understanding of when you get each type of collider:

Close the fairing on a part, then decouple that part.

Close the fairing to a point.

I noticed something different on older versions of fairings and newer versions, possibly a bug. My previous test domes uses the fairing from the Nordkapp craft in kerbal x, and the fairing has a hollow hitbox despite quickloading. But when i redo the test dome with a newer fairing (from the current version), the hitbox was solid after reloading. 

So I might conclude this as a bug

but for the no fairing, that fact you said is true

Edited by Sirius K

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.