Few QOL improvements, please

1. More info about parts.
Why: example from yesterday, I had no idea that OP-E scanning arm needs at least 500 ec to operate. I sent a rover with it to Minmus, drove for a while, parked near the spot, "not enough electric charge! 405/500!) I mean, come on, how the hell I was supposed to know that?

2. Editor and flight information improvements.
2.1 Part sorting. It's a mess, one of the sorting methods it's by size but in reality it has nothing to do with size. Maybe with volume. I said that few times already, but nobody seemed to acknowledge it.
2.2 Consistency and continuity, if I can call it this way.
2.2.1 If I choose to sort parts by something else, let's say, mass, it should stay that way until I change it back, not turn to size every time I enter the editor.
2.2.2 Same thing goes with delta-v readings. If I extend the info, and then add another stage, it's collapsed. Why? Why can't it be extended like the rest? I have it like that for a reason. Reason being: I want to see stage parameters when I'm changing something. That extra click gets annoying after you've done this hundreds of times.
2.2.3 Docking/yaw-pitch-roll/orbital info on the bottom right. I ALWAYS have it on orbital parameters, but the problem is, I have to enable it with every launch. Can't the game just remember my settings?

3. F3 menu. It contains some information, but you can't actually tell anything from it. Timestamps are all over the place, especially when switching vessels/docking/EVAing, sometimes the info disappears entirely (I'm watching right now at my ship I got back to, 9 days into mission. Flight events tab: empty. Total distance covered: several kilometers, like the counting just started.

Thanks.

Edited by The Aziz

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

2.1 Part sorting. It's a mess, by default it's sorted by size but in reality it has nothing to do with size

I never have liked how the 2.5m LFO parts end up at the bottom of the list of fuel tanks, below 3.75m, 5m and then all sizes of aircraft parts

Can't the game just remember my settings?

Or at least have someplace you can select what you want as the default display

2.1 Part sorting. It's a mess, by default it's sorted by size but in reality it has nothing to do with size. Maybe with volume. I said that few times already, but nobody seemed to acknowledge it.

IIRC, it's actually sorted alphabetically by default - it just so happens that the parts are named in such a way that they tend to be grouped by size. I think it would best for tanks in particular to be sorted by diameter (1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m...), given that majority of the time that's what you care about the most, maybe even in a expandable menus to reduce clutter.

Everything else would be great too, QOL stuff never hurts :) 

4 minutes ago, GluttonyReaper said:

IIRC, it's actually sorted alphabetically by default

Ah, true. But even so, if you choose the size sorting, it's not that simple, as I explained last year there:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.