Mun Orbit Turning into Sun Orbit?

So I FINALLY, after loads of backbreaking work get into the Mun grasp, so I think once I get to the periapsis Ill fix my orbit, but then suddenly the orbits started flashing between the sun and back to the Mun orbits. I thought if I fast forward the game would decide I want to get stuck in the moon orbit but suddenly after doing that, I get pulled away into the suns orbit drifting away from my target! ... ?_? I have no idea what went wrong, but I would really want to know for I can take that precaution next time. I haven't played KSC since then >_>

The game is still in an unfinished state, and speed and trajectory can flutter a little even when there are no forces acting on the ship. If it happens that you are right on the margin for an orbital capture to begin with, that flutter can cause it to miss entirely. A little engine burn in the right direction should be enough to over-power the fuzziness in the simulation, but the "right" direction kind of depends on the exact circumstances. If you're not sure, hit F5 to quicksave and burn in what you think is the right direction. If that doesn't fix it, F9 to load the quicksave and burn in another direction.