Coming Back Aboard

Flymetothemun

Hi Folks,

As you may see by my forum registration date, I am no spring chicken when it comes to KSP. I remember when these forums were black and white placeholders and when KSP was in V.0.11. To let you know how old I am with regards to KSP, I am included in the deal that Squad made with KSP veterans many years ago that makes me eligible for free DLC for life. I also remember when KSP was so badly written that it crashed your computer every 30-45 minutes (or turned it into a frying pan), not only took up 2-3 gigs without mods, but that's beside the point! Further, I also remember the days when you had to download a zip file and extract it the the documents folder. That installer programme was a welcome surprise.

All of this said, I have been away for quite a few years, many years, mainly due to life events and a general malaise, and I am hoping to come back with all the enthusiasm I had before. I remember having a great expertise in the buliding of aircraft, I used to make aeroplanes that performed very well and were also very aesthetic, and I still retain that seemingly-lost skill of getting to the Mun without Mechjeb or the orbital map. No, I'll never tell it!

Although, there is a whole solar system out there to explore, there was in the times that I quit, and I'm sure they have developed. I hope to learn very much. Also, never underestimate the orbital map. I sure wish I had it when I started playing! Although, modding was easier back then, I myself made engines you could go everywhere with, but the game's changed, so it's really a balance of everything. I'll never forget going to a different planet with a painfully-updated TARDIS mod though! Yes, the original TARDIS mod. It was glorious, you could edit the numbers and travel for months with one craft.

Overall, It's great to be back aboard. Shipmates, It's great to be re-activated and serving once more with you. To those who remember me, know that you're getting the same old Flyme. For those who are just meeting me for the first time, know that you're meeting a really relaxed guy with a very sensitive BS meter and a great sense of humour. To everybody, If you have any questions as to the very early days, please PM them to me, I'll answer them to the best of my hazy memory. Also, if I have any questions as to the new stuff, would you please answer them for me? Thank you very much.

Best regards and 73s from Old Timer Flyme!

Edited by Flymetothemun

On 6/24/2020 at 2:06 AM, Flymetothemun said:

Hi Folks

Hi! I have to say, KSP is not the same as it was a long time ago. I tried playing 1.0 and its not even close to what we have now. Though I suggest you wait a bit, 1.10 is coming out on July 1st.

• 4 months later...