Old player returning

IraqiWalker

Hi guys,

So I think I've been away from this game for nearly 3+ years, and I'm about to reinstall it tonight.

I was wondering if there are any mods the community could recommend, because I know several of the ones I used to utilize have now basically become features in the game.

My primary focus is on QoL, parts, base building, and weapon mods.

Also, should I purchase the DLCs? Do they add a unique enough experience?

EDIT: What tools are people using to install the mods these days? Back then we just copy pasted them into the folder.

Edited by IraqiWalker

The DLC's add robotic parts(hinges, rotational servos, etc..) and new surface features. I find them worth while.

As for installing mods there is CKAN for searching and automatic installation. It will not update or install mods that are not for your current game version. Not all mod makers support it. But old school installing mods to the game data folder still works if you don't use CKAN.

Recommended mods:

Parts: All of Nertea's mods (Near Future, Station Parts, etc.), Restock and Restock+, Kerbal Planetary Base Systems.

Gameplay: Extraplanetary Launchpads and Simple Construction, KAS, KIS, SCANsat.

QoL: BetterBurnTime, BetterTimeWarp, Mechjeb, KER, Craft Manager, DockRotate, Easy Vessel Switch, For Science!, Trajectories, Waypoint Manager.

You should get Breaking Ground, the surface features and robotics are great, but I wouldn't recommend Making History. I've never used the mission builder and most of the parts are included in Restock+.

Edited by Stamp20

SSTU, Blue Dog Design Bureau, everything Wild Blue Industries, Astrogator, Waypoint Manager, Trajectories, Atmospheric Autopilot, Kerbal Engineer, everything made by Nertea (Stockalike Station Parts Redux, Near Future everything), Contares everything, DMagic everything (ScanSat in particular), Distant Object Enhancement, Planetshine, EVE, Scatterer, Kerbal Foundries, SpaceY, B9 Aerospace, and of course Mechjeb.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.