How do I attach things in KSP?

Hello, 
I have a question about the containers where you can put things in the inventory. :) 
If I drag it into the inventory of the Kerbal I need tools to attach it.
Which tool do I need to e.g. to attach to my space station? And how do I do that? :confused:

Many thanks for the help :D

Are you playing with mods, or are you referring to the ground-deployed science experiments from the Breaking Ground expansion?

Becaue there is no way in unmodded KSP to attach anything to space stations other than docking another vessel via a docking port. Not even with Breaking Ground. So it sounds like you're talking about a mod.

If that is the case, your question should probably go into the forum thread for that mod. You can generally find it fairly quickly by doing a web search for "ksp forum modname".

Edited by Streetwind

to be more specific, we assume you are talking about the science experiments from the breaking ground expansion, namely the SEQ-3, SEQ-9, and the stuff you can put inside those (it helps to refer to the actual name; there are so many parts here, if you ask about "the part that does that thing" we are less likely to understand your problem).

In this case, you cannot attach them to space stations. you have to put them on the ground. once they are in the kerbal inventory, there will be an icon for "unload". you drop them on the ground, they generate science over time.

9 hours ago, MarKu said:

I have a question about the containers where you can put things in the inventory. :) 

I'm going to guess that you're using a mod like Kerbal Inventory System, which is linked.

If that is what you are using, then know that it comes with an instruction manual, which is also linked, and everything about tools and attachment begins in chapter 6, on page 9 of the manual.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.