[1.9.1+] OPT Spaceplane Continued 3.4.9.2 (beta) [Apr 02, 2024]

JadeOfMaar

6 hours ago, MattST said:

Ah so they’re not supposed to do this?

There is an RO-related config which makes the engines ask for LqdOxygen but I'm deprecating it in favor of Rational Resources Jet Family which provides fuel switching to them but currently doesn't provide RealFuels-alike options.

2 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Modular Fuel Tanks is for stock resources. Real Fuels is the one that handles LiquidHydrogen/LiquidOxygen and other assorted realistic propellants.

I've installed it but im not sure what's happening because now my fuel tanks just wont show or have any fuel in them. Cant switch fuel because right clicking no longer shows the ability to change fuel. Doesn't even specify it has fuel capacity.

32 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

There is an RO-related config which makes the engines ask for LqdOxygen but I'm deprecating it in favor of Rational Resources Jet Family which provides fuel switching to them but currently doesn't provide RealFuels-alike options.

Ah. So for now are engines like the aerospike or scoop rendered useless or is there a way I can get them not to use LqdOxygen?

48 minutes ago, MattST said:

is there a way I can get them not to use LqdOxygen?

Assuming you're using RealFuels Stockalike, this path exists. GameData/RealFuels-Stock/000_DEPRECATED/OPT/ Delete the OPT folder here.

23 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Assuming you're using RealFuels Stockalike, this path exists. GameData/RealFuels-Stock/000_DEPRECATED/OPT/ Delete the OPT folder here.

I don't have this installed. I have RealFuels, interstellar parts switch and b9 parts switch too incase this helps.

On 3/23/2024 at 11:45 AM, MattST said:

Ah. So for now are engines like the aerospike or scoop rendered useless or is there a way I can get them not to use LqdOxygen?

Now I'm confused, I thought your problem was that you had lost/didn't have the ability to switch tanks. Please re-state your problem? And it's probably time to post log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache. Every single patch affecting your parts will be logged and the final result shown in the cache file.

On 3/5/2024 at 5:27 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Run and scream in fear! :ph34r: I'm about to drop an update and mess with your craft files again!

1. These...
    Are finally being cleaned of their krakenbait.
    X8J2oYa.png

2. CryoTanks seal of approval
    All parts' dry masses have been tuned. Anything that holds fuel should weigh appropriately less.  I've seen 2 or 3 parts drop weight by factors of 10 and 20!

3. Engine types
    I've changed these. Again. :ph34r:
  • The Dark Drive is now an Antimatter type. Dark Goo and Dark Science are gone.
  • Warpjets are Pulsed Inductive Thruster type (but still run on IntakeAtm and still have great thrust), single-mode only and may rely on the NF Propulsion function for PIT engines tweakable Isp with constant thrust. The previous B9-powered Isp selector is gone now.
  • Any SCOOP engines no longer are. No more hybrid-plasma business.
  • Some engines have become thermal nozzle type, namely the 3.75m Helicarrier engine and the ARI-73.
  • Some air-breathing engines will run LFO+IntakeAtm (but be no less efficient) in order to remain useful in unbreathable atmosphere while simplifying fuel switch options.
  • The J-61 will be changed to scramjet only (will only function between Mach 4 and 12) or shcramjet (Mach 4 to any. Its appearance lends itself well to this). The reason for this change being that the J-60 (a long engine) exists to fill the role of all-range air-breathing engine but the J-61 makes it and the HAE-02 (short turboramjet engine) pointless.
  • LFO engines will be (or already are) properly compatible with cryofuel switching via Rational Resources Jet Family.
  • The optional extra configs: Less Handwavium, Zero Handwavium, CryoEngines should no longer be necessary.

Where can I find the gud stuff? The links from the first post sends me to SpaceDock, where the last update was in 2021 :D

@KawaiiLucy 2021 is correct. The amount of changes I stared in the face of wanting/having to make had put me off for the longest time, but I'm finally over it.

I've posted a pre-release (GitHub only, and on someone else's that I've been sharing in). It's pretty complete, except for what isn't.

DOWNLOAD ::  3.4.9.2 (beta)

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@KawaiiLucy 2021 is correct. The amount of changes I stared in the face of wanting/having to make had put me off for the longest time, but I'm finally over it.

I've posted a pre-release (GitHub only, and on someone else's that I've been sharing in). It's pretty complete, except for what isn't.

DOWNLOAD ::  3.4.9.2 (beta)

cool 

i should get into KSP-1 modding lol 

Looks amazing so far!

Just as a heads up if anyone is seeing blank grey textures. The folder restructure breaks the TURD OPT pack, so you'll either have to update all of the paths in the config, or just remove the configs for now.

Regarding the last part of your comment, would this fix the issue I'm having with the OPT K Space Plane Cockpit. - When I turn on the lights for the cockpit, the whole part turns white.  I do not have TURD installed either.
Using the latest version of OPT Spaceplane on the beta github. I'll happily include a log/part file and any necessary information JadeOfMaar needs. :)

On 4/9/2024 at 12:09 PM, JTheDoc said:

Regarding the last part of your comment, would this fix the issue I'm having with the OPT K Space Plane Cockpit. - When I turn on the lights for the cockpit, the whole part turns white.  I do not have TURD installed either.
Using the latest version of OPT Spaceplane on the beta github. I'll happily include a log/part file and any necessary information JadeOfMaar needs. :)

I am not sure what to hope to find in this case. I can only say, be absolutely sure that you have OPT 3.9.4.2 (the current beta), not 3.4.9 (previous beta) and always, always, cleanly install the mod (delete the the mod folders completely from your GameData before installing another version) unless told otherwise for some niche situation.

5 hours ago, RedSh0t said:

Are the updates on Ckan?

No. This release is experimental and there is more that I want to add or change.

8 minutes ago, Iapetus7342 said:

Is there any Command Pod for the KH form factor?

A cockpit that is, itself, KH? Nope, never happening.

@JadeOfMaar Hi, I was wondering did you put the wraps pannel in the beta update ? i didn't find them . btw in the beta i think i had broken part mass wise, i think it was the j size rear mount engine hatch with a couple other that were like 0,00...0001 kg. Not sure tho since i play with a lots of mod, it might come from my part.