Fix to estimate the sunlight solar panels get

It is possible to have a miner running drills and IRSU even though the solar panels do not gnerate enough power.

All you do is start the equipment wait till ideal temperature is reached then jump to KAC before the juice runs out.

It will then behave as it has sunlight around the clock and even that 1 solar panel is enough to run the whole thing.

So would it be possible for the dev team to instead calculte the average amperes these panels produce and adjust the amount mined and converted?

Is this true? If so, it goes against everything I learned (through trial and error) when ISRU was introduced.

There are plenty of exploits, including time warp and making sure you only visit your ISRU rig in the daylight. However I've never gotten less than the necessary number of solar panels to charge up batteries and then have the ISRU unit work for any significant amount of time more than it would if you just ran it normally.

Edited by Superfluous J

It is true. Unless I am wrong which could happen.

I played KSP a long long time and I just started a new campaign to warm up for KSP 2.

I am in the early campaign in the kerbol system with some standard ship types like a science hopper with drills and ISRU etc and miners to refuel all ships and a pusher with Nerv engines that push big things around.

NONE of the drillers have enough solar panels . As soon as I start up everything the amoun of juice in the batteries start to drop which meeans the system will run out of juice. But all you need to do is leave before it runs out.

It could be me who misunderstood the whole thing. If you stay until the juoce runs out the drills will stop running, If you leave when the drills have stopped you will mine nothing.

It could be me who misunderstood the whole thing.

Edited by Maj Solo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.