craft get glitched in SPH and the parts spawn in at a weird location at launch

see video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ_y1eIYO08

sorry that i dont know how to recreate it it just happened during building (i did leave the game and came back another time multiple times but i dont know if that has something to with it) it worked fine halfway through the building proces when i was flying it (the only mayor change made afterwards were decorations)

i hope a solution comes quick because i want to participate in the mote karlo kerballing challenge and i cane only participate until 1 november

Hi, my name is Tony.  There is 100% a bug there and I think it is because there is a  transform error and some parts get a negative value.
If there are any programmers listening here is my theory .  
I think there is a missing volatile statement or lack of synchronization in either the  mouse event handler or the symmetry tool.
I notice it when I place a strut and my ships are getting large that this happens more as the editor eats ram and gets slower; I save the file and  get "locked or invalid part." and parts that are rendered  offset in error.

If I pick up the strut and re place it that fixes it  This is why I think it is a thread/timing issue FYI; I think it is loosing synch and getting the return address of the stack off the end of the autovariable because of miss timed/synched event skew. (Hope that explains it;seen this lots over the years :) )      Sometimes also while scrolling the screen a race can happen that will at once eat all your video ram.     I have the theory athat this may in fact be an ADM/DirectX issue, but with the video knocked out there is no way to debug it and tell :/
When my ships get large I save the file and update the version # every time I place 1 new part.  Tedious but necessary when making large ships because the sad part of the equation is that you may not notice that part out of place, but you will notice when your shop blows up at a given height every time :)

Edited by tswain
more info

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.