Add small ore storages to ore drills

We’ve all done it- built a mining ship, sent it out somewhere and started it up, but the ISRU isn’t working and says there’s no ore. Oops, no ore tanks!

A simple yet elegant solution that Kerbalism has implemented, and which could very easily be included as stock, is the addition of a small ore storage in the drills themselves. It doesn’t need to be big (5-10 for the small drill and 25-50 for the large) but would make mining a bit simpler; according to my (admittedly limited) experience at bodging part files, it would be a really simple change to add a single RESOURCE module to the drill parts, so low risk of breaking anything for a nice quality of life improvement.

(It’s not just me that’s done that, right?)

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

@jimmymcgoochie The mod "ISRU Thanks But No Tanks" is probably what you're looking for. It has not been updated in a while, but it is a very light mod so I cannot see it being incompatible with current versions of KSP.
https://github.com/QuickBASIC/ISRUThanksButNoTanks/releases/download/v1.4.1/ISRUThanksButNoTanks_v1.4.1.zip

Kerbalism also adds ore/resource capacity to resource harvesters (along with a lot more extra complexity which you may not want!).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.