Lagrange points without 3-body solvers

This might come off as terrifyingly naive but I think it would be enough just to set up a few weak, invisible spheres of influence (with masked singularities) at the most interesting Lagrange points, and put those on rails. I know it's not realistic but from a gameplay perspective IMO it would be good enough -- the main reason I'm interested in them is that you can park stuff in some of them, and if the game allows that, then great.

2 hours ago, Brikoleur said:

This might come off as terrifyingly naive but I think it would be enough just to set up a few weak, invisible spheres of influence (with masked singularities) at the most interesting Lagrange points, and put those on rails. I know it's not realistic but from a gameplay perspective IMO it would be good enough -- the main reason I'm interested in them is that you can park stuff in some of them, and if the game allows that, then great.

Gravity would have to get weaker closer to the center and stronger closer to the edge, this would be asinine behaviour to sane laws of physics and I'm not even sure if KSP would be capable of this without rewriting the physics. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.