Maneuver nodes not working in Duna's orbit

I placed two relay satellites in Duna's orbit to allow control of future lander probes. I have full probe control and plenty of fuel for both. I want to arrange their orbits to set them on a single plan, so I set a MN at the intersection of the orbits and started to modify the inclination of the orbit of one of them. It worked fine. I wanted to do the same at the other intersection to complete  the maneuver, I set there a MN but this time the MN appears but the directions are undraggable: no way to control it. The same for the other probe. I tested similar probes around Mun and MNs work perfectly. Anybody knows what kind of mystery is this?

If you use the maneuver node UI element at the bottom left to set up the node instead of dragging on the handles in the middle of the screen, does it work?

If not: if you press Alt+F12, go to input locks, and press the clear button, does that help?

45 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

If you use the maneuver node UI element at the bottom left to set up the node instead of dragging on the handles in the middle of the screen, does it work?

If not: if you press Alt+F12, go to input locks, and press the clear button, does that help?

So: I entered the game again and this time the MN worked (strange, as I already tried before "out and in" and no joy), but only for one time: I tried the "clear input locks" procedure and no effect. I unset the target (the other probe) and it worked: I made an orbit adjustment, then I set again the target and then other adjustments and now everything seems to work. But the mystery remains :0.0:

(could you explain better what is the "maneuver node UI element at the bottom left"? Sorry, I'm relatively new to this)

do you actually have control over those probes?

simplest reason coming to mind, your antenna is good enough to reach minmus, but not to reach duna. without a connection to kerbin, you cannot control your probe. including changes to manuever nodes. depending on the difficulty setting, you may still be able to point at directions with SAS, and even to turn on/off engine (but not throttle).

On 1/22/2021 at 6:31 AM, marcast said:

Anybody knows what kind of mystery is this?

I've noticed sometimes that the ability to edit maneuver nodes can get "wedged" if I drop multiple ones for the same craft.  It doesn't seem to reproduce consistently, so I don't know what triggers it.  (I also don't know if it's still happening in KSP 1.11, I haven't run into it in a while but that doesn't prove anything).

When I do get wedged like that, I simply exit the map screen and go back in, and then they're fine and I can edit them as expected.

Not sure if this is relevant to your problem or not, just something it might be worth trying.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.